Best Inexpensive Carb for H35?

I just picked up a Murray Track 2 built 2001 or so. It looks like new. The person I got it from said he and his 13 year old son had rebuilt the carb recently because it had been sitting. It would only idle for me with the idle turned up and was surging a bit as accelerating and at top rpm till it smoothed out. I pulled the carb apart today, cleaned everything and reassembled. It idles and runs well but only with the choke at half setting. I'm not going to mess with it anymore...I see many carbs on Ebay for under $15. The pic on OldMiniBikes's site looks the same for $23 but they show out of stock. Is any Ebay carb better than any other? Do they work OK? The feed back on most of them looks good.
DSCN0360.JPG DSCN0358.JPG

Any of the adjustable ones should work. I added the idle mix screw from an old Tec carb to one, and it was a huge improvement. Stock is so lean that they barely run. Main jet can be drilled one number-drill size at a time. Or get the carb with adjuster on the bottom for main circuit too.

Thanks for the link. I just ordered one off Ebay for less than $13 delivered. I'm incredulous that someone can make this get it to the USA sell it and ship it to me for that price, and everyone is making $ along the way. My carb that's on there now has no high speed screw on the bottom of the bowl, just a hex nut holding the bowl on. I got a carb with this adjustment screw and also a right angle fuel fitting, some had the fitting pointing straight out.

Thanks for the link. I just ordered one off Ebay for less than $13 delivered. I'm incredulous that someone can make this get it to the USA sell it and ship it to me for that price, and everyone is making $ along the way. My carb that's on there now has no high speed screw on the bottom of the bowl, just a hex nut holding the bowl on. I got a carb with this adjustment screw and also a right angle fuel fitting, some had the fitting pointing straight out.
Carbs are funny. I just looked into rebuilding one and replacing the float in it for a 4 wheeler. Rebuild kit was $15, float was $35, I can get a whole new china carb for $50.

On the tech carbs the fuel fitting is pressed in. I just get whatever is cheap and if it has the wrong fitting just swap it.

I bought and used the cheap carbs myself and they worked great. Now.
Is there a cheap diaphragm carb available? Something that will work well on a 5hp.

Danford1

I bought and used the cheap carbs myself and they worked great. Now.
Is there a cheap diaphragm carb available? Something that will work well on a 5hp.
Danford1
I've never seen one. By the way, the OEM diaphragm carbs were only used on engines up to 4 HP. I am assuming that is because they did not put out enough fuel volume for the increased demands of the larger 5 HP engines
Michael

Make sure and report back after you try it out so that others can learn and benefit from the information.
Michael