Bonanza BC500 WestBend 580 / 5 Port

Midyrman

Breaks my heart to find a new home for this bike. Bought the 500 roller from Karl and decided to do something different for the engine, since the bike originally came as a kit with no engine. West Bend won out. I was referred to Frank Moore who built the 580 5 port. Frank ran and tested it, and shipped to me. Terrific guy and person to work with. I have not run the engine. I believe the 5 port is rated at 6.5HP.

The fenders are original Bonanza BC fenders in great shape but the chrome was so-so. Surface was a little rough, So, the idea of using Hammered paint to "hide" the slight imperfections of the fenders and color to compliment the blue was decided. The hammered look with clear coat did the trick. However, when bolting the fenders to the frame, well above those small tires, the gap looked goofy. While trying to figure out a plan B, I set the fender on the tire and it looked cool. So, I made some brackets to drop the fenders down to just above the top of the tires.

Freshly chromed clean gas tank and foot pegs. Original Bonanza badge. Started with a very clean, undamaged, and straight roller from Karl.

Check out the pictures. Better looking fit and finish in-person.

$1500 or close offer takes it home plus shipping. Would consider boxing and shipping FedEx Ground. That's two boxes and probably about $150.

If you are interested please PM.

Thank you.

Tom

Last edited: