Bonanza/ZN50QT/GY6 CHOP

I have a Bonanza frame with Hodaka ace 90 engine that was salvaged from a basement.
last year i cleaned up the frame and painted it. The engine has no spark, and the whole rig has been in my basement all year. I decided to chop a cheap chinese scooter into this fame for the sake of having something that runs, and looks mostly like a minibike with modern disc brake, fork, and engine with aftermarkey/replacement support.

The engine is a gy6 from Znen 50 qt scooter.

I kinow some of you would smack me for chopping up a good frame, but the hodaka engine could go into something more capable.

I have already done the damage, and am now mocking up the wiring harness and controls before dressing my welds, adding brackets, and paint. I would like to ride it once to my local coffe shop to make sure it works before taking it all apart agin to make pretty.

Here are some pics for now, I will have more soon.

Last edited:
I may consider it. I gave up on the engine lastt year when i couldnt find anyone with knowledge on these things.

The engine has no spark, and is missing the condensor. I was trying to find HODAKA ignition parts, but after getting into the realm of the honda trail 50, i realize that the stator coils are by supplier than by brand, such as mitsubishi or hitachi. I think it has mitsu ignition if i remember. the motor has excellent compression.

If i magically had 150 cash out of it at this very moment, i would go pick up this honda cl70 on craigslist right now!

I'll be open to offers on the engine if i don't slate a project for it. I do have the pipe that goes with it.

I will also have the front and rear wheel, rear swingarm, front springs leftover out of the project.

I would consider trade for honda 50, 70, 90, 110 parts. I am in desperate need of a z50a k2 gas tank.

Looks like everyone is more interested in my spare parts than my build itself.:no: start making offers.......

rear swingarm, the pivot shaft is stuck inside

rear wheel with sprocket and brake

front wheel with springs

lower half of the frame with engine mount and jackshaft

clutch and brake handles with original cables

complete hodaka ace 90 engine with carb and pipe, no spark

highest offers will get a response

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say it! You obviously have some fabrication skills so why would you destroy a valuble and collectable vintage minibike to put a POS moped drive assembly in the thing? That's a damn shame IMO, an abomination!:thumbdown:

If you want to sell the parts you should post them here Mini Bike Parts - OldMiniBikes.com Forum but you should read this first http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-parts/368-rules-read-before-posting.html and if you have a price for both complete wheels I may be interested in them.
So everyone is after my parts so therefore the make offer comment. I am not actively trying to sell the stuff, other than that everyone is hounding me for the parts.

So yes, i did chop up a bonanza frame. but what else was i going to do with it but let it sit around. I'm sorry if i wasn't aware that everyone would be throwing offers to buy the stuff. I'm sure i could have sold the frame for 300 bucks to someone here.

So i do know the moped is some cheap chinese, but i can ride it. In my opinion, i think it's redundant to throw money at a lawnmower engines when it would be easier to use something that has more engineering behind it.

so, if anyone wants my parts, make me good offers. I know the hodaka engine is worth something, and with the attitude this post is receiving, is worth keeping for myself.

So what kind of flack will you give me for my next project: 70's yamaha dt125 with a 11 hp briggs motor?

i didn't come here to start pissing matches. I guess i could go on somewhere and everyone can miss the boat. it would be easier for me to take the stuff to a scrapyard.

I will post pictures of the leftover parts for anyone who is interested.

Sorry if we all look like ass-holes here, i know how it goes with internet forums and how it's hard to convey emotion with written texts.

Anyway, i have a bunch of old honda projects that i will be working on thru the winter, and am actively looking for more mini-bike projects.

my apologies, have fun

Did someone miss the part where you have to post items for sale in the classified section?

Yes you destroyed a highly collectable and valuble machine, it was yours to do so with but you then posted it on a website dedicated to Old Minibikes and expected not to catch some flack? Sorry but your machine was worth some big bucks unmolested, you could have sold it and bought a fleet of highly engineered chinese mopeds.

And this is not a pissing match, not by a long shot! Just some folks doing what folks do on a forum, stating thier opinions!

If you want to gather your marbles and go home that's on you, you do have a great deal of valuble items left and if you post them in the correct section I'll bet that most of it will sell in a short time and at decent prices as well. :thumbsup:

The subject was already brought up here. i thought it would be redundant to start another post with the same subject. it would be easier to move this thread to the for sale section. please do that if it is still an issue.

the whole idea of selling the parts was from the bombardment of PM's asking if they were for sale. hence the additional pics so they can see the parts. All of the selling is being done by PM

Hello, When it comes to sending a message on this website, I'm not sure if I'm pushing the right buttons... I've tried to leave two messages already with no response. Anyways here it goes again, I would be interested in the left over parts you have for the Bonanza as I would like to finish my project as well. So, if you are serious about selling please give me a call at 805-451-3566. Thank you.

edwin

im interested in jsut the motor plate. if possible can you cut out the motor plate carefully with minimal damge. how much shipped to 91352 ? thanks