Bought GoPowerSports Mikuni VM 22 Carburetor Kit The actual cable pull is too short?

I purchased a Mikuni VM 22 Carburetor Performance Kit with following options....

Original Japan Carb not clone
44" Cable

Upon installation the length of cable is fine but the internal cable is short and will not allow the slide to completely close. I have all cable adjustments set to make cable as long as possible. The twist grip is a standard doodlebug style twist grip. I could try cutting some of the metal housing off of cable to make internal cable have more travel? I don't wanna nic the cable though. If I remove cable from twist grip its fine.

Am I missing something? I have watched a bunch of videos on youtube. My carb is a little different then all of them. The clones seem to have a slot to slide cable up through. Mine has a hole inside. Looking for suggestions.....

Thanks
Ralph

Well I called GoPowerSports and the general consensus is I need a new twist grip. My motovox grip nor my doodlebug will work. Go Power sells a set but I would like something a bit nicer since for $40 there are alot of options. I really like the Biltwell Whiskey Throttle. Anyone use that with a Mikuni vm22?