Bought weird mini for $50 and the previous owner was a grade school engineer.

Wait... I'm confused... Who's the prick here?
There was a guy named Havasu Dave who was fairly condescending and rude about my post. I set him to ignore, so I'm not sure if that hides his messages or not.

There was a lot of talking down and "Gatekeeping" as they call it.

I have little to no experience with these bikes or engines so I don't know what questions to ask or how to ask them. I think he was mostly offended that I didn't research my questions and apparently my post title offended him somehow.

I don't know.

It was not directed at you, so I apologize if I have given offense.

[MENTION=31239]Havasu Dave[/MENTION] , I love you man !
I bet you say that to all the boys! LOL! Thanks Angelo.

Wait... I'm confused... Who's the prick here?
I called myself a condescending prick, since after about 8000 posts here, mostly of helping people and answering questions, I found the OP's lack of a thank you anywhere, rude. At some point, one has to realize they need to measure an axle, or do a google search. But yeah, I snapped. Shoot me.

At least I received an equally condescending "thank you," which is more than the previous posters got. :laugh:

There was a guy named Havasu Dave who was fairly condescending and rude about my post. I set him to ignore, so I'm not sure if that hides his messages or not.

There was a lot of talking down and "Gatekeeping" as they call it.

I have little to no experience with these bikes or engines so I don't know what questions to ask or how to ask them. I think he was mostly offended that I didn't research my questions and apparently my post title offended him somehow.

I don't know.

It was not directed at you, so I apologize if I have given offense.
I was being facetious. Dave took time to provide a lot of useful information. I don't know Dave personally. Dave has a lot of "personality"; it took some time on this forum for me to decide he's an okay guy. Have you ever known someone who others thought was an ass, but after getting to know that person, you became friends? I have. I used to work with a guy who overused sarcasm; people who didn't really know him thought he was a total ass. The sarcasm was humor, to him; others didn't "get it" because he seemed serious. After working with him for a while, I got to know him and we became friends. I think you may have overreacted. Read Dave's build-off thread and you will get to know him a little better.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...017-a/139374-havasau-daves-mini-bike-fun.html

I was being facetious. Dave took time to provide a lot of useful information. I don't know Dave personally. Dave has a lot of "personality"; it took some time on this forum for me to decide he's an okay guy. Have you ever known someone who others thought was an ass, but after getting to know that person, you became friends? I have. I used to work with a guy who overused sarcasm; people who didn't really know him thought he was a total ass. The sarcasm was humor, to him; others didn't "get it" because he seemed serious. After working with him for a while, I got to know him and we became friends. I think you may have overreacted. Read Dave's build-off thread and you will get to know him a little better.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...017-a/139374-havasau-daves-mini-bike-fun.html
I totally understand where you're coming from, and yes I do know people like this guy. I'm willing to admit I may have jumped to conclusions about his manner or personality, but surely you can see where I'm coming from.

Also, as you're probably aware 90% or more of the tone of a persons comments are lost in text as there's no way to read mannerisms or the actual tone of what they're saying. I'm willing to accept that his played a role here.

He absolutely provided good information, but he made sure to let me know it was offered grudgingly and not in friendship.

Go back and read what he said, it's hostile and not nice. Multiple times he insulted my intelligence and talked down to me for asking questions.

I'm willing to put the miscommunication aspect behind me, but there's absolutely no need to be rude when a person comes to you out of ignorance.

First impressions are a big deal, and this guy came out with a welcome mat made of lava.

I bet you say that to all the boys! LOL! Thanks Angelo.

I called myself a condescending prick, since after about 8000 posts here, mostly of helping people and answering questions, I found the OP's lack of a thank you anywhere, rude. At some point, one has to realize they need to measure an axle, or do a google search. But yeah, I snapped. Shoot me.

At least I received an equally condescending "thank you," which is more than the previous posters got. :laugh:
I was just trying to lighten the mood, here; guess that wasn't as obvious as I thought. Wasn't expecting replies to my comment; probably should have stayed out of it. :doah:

[MENTION=57102]fantasmoslam[/MENTION] ( Whatever that means ) be patient as a newbie , take note of how many years and posts made by a member before jumping to conclusions , We around here sometimes test the waters or skin thickness , Dave knows more crap about this stuff than most , also he graciously served this Country to allow us the freedoms we have . Ignorance is great I'm stupid about all kinda shit but you listen , search , pay attention and learn ! Welome to the fun .