Briggs 2 & 3hp??

Anyone have a link to specs on 2, 2.5, and 3hp Briggs engines. I just got 5 engines and 2 of the ones that have 2hp recoil covers also have had tank brackets bolted to the lower mount hole near the bottom of the block. They now have 2hp tanks, but there are clean spots in the grease where a tank with the lower bracket has been bolted on. Did the 2hp ever come with the deep tank? Will the 3hp tank fit the 2hp? A link to the specs will tell me the bore and stroke and I can go from there. Just trying to sort which is which.

delray

jimh,here is a link to engine hp(no bore spec's or stroke,ect...)sorry:doah:
Engine Model Identification
some of the 3hp tanks will swapout with the 2hp:thumbsup:
just make sure the have the same carb design and carb base(gasket,bolt pattern)and pickup tubes:thumbsup: and yes 2hp did come with a deep tank. i have 2hp deep tank off a 1961 montgomery ward rotortiller:thumbsup:
:scooter:........................

Here's a little chart I put together some time ago:

Note that it only applies to the old style flathead engine, not the newer Quantum.

Edit: Most of this info comes from Briggs manuals. I believe it is accurate, but if someones sees something wrong, please let me know so I can correct any mistakes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. That was just what I needed. I know for sure that 1 is a 2hp like new. 1 is a 2hp in good running shape, and 1 is a 3hp in good running shape. The other 2 are most likely 2hps that used to have a deep tank. $100 well spent.:thumbsup: