Briggs go fast part #s

Harquebus

Nice. Thanks for posting that info. My first impression would be that that stuff would be harder to find and I might not even bother based on that preconception.

I wish they still made Raptors and damn the environmentalist wackos that pushed it into obscurity in the first place!

Thepaetsguy

Nice. Thanks for posting that info. My first impression would be that that stuff would be harder to find and I might not even bother based on that preconception.

I wish they still made Raptors and damn the environmentalist wackos that pushed it into obscurity in the first place!
Maybe not so much to due with the environment? Kids crashed gokarts and because the kart had a briggs engine and the Briggs engines tall gas cap leaked fuel AFTER ROLLING OVER Briggs insurance became unplayable. If I had a time machine I’d go back and let the company exec’s know the tall gas caps would leak fuel and massive lawsuits were coming.. Just stop the lawsuits and insurance hike from ever happening in the 90’s and see how the company’s doing in 2023 after making that change.

Harquebus

Kids crashed gokarts and because the kart had a briggs engine and the Briggs engines tall gas cap leaked fuel AFTER ROLLING OVER...
Tell us more. I have never heard that but have read that EPA regulations (and maybe various other things like the flathead just being flat-out outclassed by OHV engines) helped put an end to that old design.

What exactly is this tall gas cap fiasco?