Briggs/Stratton Recall

jeep4me

Just learned of a recall on B/S OVH Snow Thrower engines, manufactured from June 2000 - Feb. 2007. Problem: When engine is primed, excess fuel can overflow and ignite, which may cause a fire and injure consumers. Contact B/S at 866-478-7855 or www.briggsandstratton.com if you have one of these engines.:thumbsup:

Snow Thrower??????

I talked to my local B&S dealer...he didn't have a clue either...

Maybe you mean Sno Cone?...we have those here...we don't usually throw 'em though...

Coop

Briggs recalled all the snoblower engines because of a possability of fire caused by over priming, which could cause a fire if the engine backfired. Out of 48000 engines out there, 48 engines caught fire, none of them caused any serious personal or material damage. But to be safe, they recalled them all. The recall involved cutting the shelf off the inside of the carb enclosure so the gas would not have a place to pool, adding a restriction in the primer line to limit the amount of gas being primed, and adding a spark arrester screen over the carb venturi. Takes about 10 minutes to do one, after you've done a couple.

Coop