Brute Not Dunecycle

Hello Randy: What and who leads you to this conclusion? I know that Dunecycle was very active in racing back east as that is where a lot of the competition was from mainly Tri-Sport. I have never heard or seen anything about Brute Cycle and if they are a manufacture where is the proof. There has been shops that have taken a product and repoped a unit with their modifications. I for one am not convinced and if vikings fan has better information and pictures and literature I for one would like to see that information.
Steve :scooter:

Although I believe the frame to be the same as a Dunecycle Flat Tracker. The only other body I ahve seen exactly like the gold one my buddy now has said Brute Cycle on the sticker. The page is now gone where this pic came from but he talked about Brute Cycles as well. Randy

I will post pics in a few minutes of the one i am restoring. They were made in Fairmont in the early 70's by a company named Lake Sports. They were extremely popular in s.e. minnesota. But are hard to find now. I desperately want more!!!! I took pics before we painted it and had new decals made for it as well. Let me know any thing else you have questions on, and if you ever find another please let me know

Brute Cycle

Hi,
I stumbled accross this forum looking at pictures of Brute Cycles.
I have a single seat model that I have had for quite a few years. It does not have the original motor, but it does run. It is purple, and the fiberglass tub is not cracked.
I actually graduated from high school with the daughter of the founder of this company.
I always had high hopes of restoreing mine to original condition, but realize it is not going to happen.
I see your last post is over a year old, but are you still looking for Brute Cycle projects?

Hi. Newbie here, trying to learn more about the Brute Cycles. Some info first. I'm a board member of a non profit organization called Racing Dreamz. A very kind person donated to us a 1976 Brute Cycle single seater. It is numbered #20. The donator says it was built for the Shriners but I have no proof of this. It does need restoring, throttle cable, brake cables, etc. If anyone can help on the specs of these, where to buy parts or what parts can be used on this model. We plan on restoring to use as a parade/flag vehicle. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Most all of the parts can be bought through here. It should have a rear differential that should be taken apart,cleaned,regreased and put back together with new bearings. Replace the sprocket at this time if it is warm at this time. Everything else is simple minibike/gokart stuff.