Bug Stinger Swapmeet Treasure.

Mac

Arrived at my local Swapmeet this morning and as soon as I got to the main aisle (where all the good stuff goes), a Swapmeet friend/seller told me he had something for me. He said it was "Over there", so I looked around the corner of his truck and saw a blue gokart frame. I asked him "How Much?", he said "What do you want to pay?". I looked in my wallet, saw very little cash and replied" $80.00?, he smiled, and held out his hand. Now with a smile of my own I paid the man, picked up the frame, and laid it atop my mobility scooter and walked alongside my scooter all the way to my truck, grinning at all the losers along the way. Ha ha ha ha ha................
I'm told it's about a 1968 Bug Stinger.

Now, I have to remove the Chilton seatback gastank and ready it for a $100+ sale on ebay, then clean the frame and toss it on Craigslist for a $500.00 OBO sale.

(Saving for Windber)

Mac

Wasn't all good.........
Look at this seatback tank (See white arrows).
Rusted through, there goes my profit:

Not much Windber money here.

MikeBear

Wasn't all good.........

Mac, put it on Ebay anyway. Figure out the BEST 1 line listing sentence you can so they can find it. Disclose the holes, and I'll bet some nut will STILL pay $100 for it!

Let that person restore it. He'll be happy because he won it, and it's original even with the damage. You'll be happy because you didn't cheat him, and for making the extra cash. What do you have to lose?

Wasn't all good.........

Eh... thats all fixeable... I just paid 20 plus shipping for a Rupp tank in the same condition.. After Paypal ROBBED my bank account, I'm into it for more like 91,000 :doah:

Mac

I sold the blue Bug Stinger kart up above for $350.00 today.
Now I can afford a few belts for my Dunecycles.

Hounddog

Wow Mac, What a score! I wish I had seen this, and I would have raced to your house with cash, lunch, and free stuff..... Nice find!:thumbsup:

HD

Hounddog

Nice Bug Scooterboy! She looks like she is in good condition, with nice old wheels too! Another good project for you, good score!