building a mild 5hp

i have a 5hp briggs (flathead) that i'm hopeing to build up over winter, i don't want to make anything to crazy. i would like to get a rod, cam, valve train, and maybe do some head work. what would be a good all around cam, are there any that could stock valves? if not what valves, spings, keepers, and lifters will work with it? also what would be a good rod to use? thanks for any help.

well personaly i like the horstman H beam but for you youd want an arc rod and as far as cam goes it depends on were you want your power to be the higher your lift the higher RPMS you need to spin for it to work right and as far as stock valves go they work wit all of them you might need heavyer springs for higher RPMs and i run duals with a normal brigs spring retainer the lifters are good to a certain RPM then you want billet ones

what companys sell billet lifters? and should i stay with stock length lifters or go to something different? and as far as cams go i was was planing to run 6000- 7000 rpms max. also i forgot to ask, will a stock piston hold up to that kind of abuse?