Buyers Beware of Bad Seller

Just wanted to let all the minibike collectors/restorers enthusiats out there to beware of a bad seller.

A couple of months ago I bought a repainted Ruttmann chopper frame (Green)and a used fork from Midwestkustoms64 on this website. When I received it and began building it up I discovered that the frame was cracked and repainted over. His plan was to do a cheap repair with body putty and paint the frame over. Prior to purchase I had asked in advance what the condition of the frame was and he stated that it was fine. The parts were expensive also. It was for my son and not a museum piece so when we started building it (placed some weight on it) we discovered the cracks.

I called him out on it via email and he stated that he would refund my money with little or no resistence. I am writing this to alert everyone because as you you might imagine --I never received the refund. Obviously my son is more upset because it was a father and son project that never got off the ground because of this loser.

I tracked him down to the Chicago Illinois are only to find out that he had moved-rather abruptly. In additon, his MidwestKustoms64 Ebay account is closed and no longer valid and he is no longer listed as a user.

His name is Dan and his Paypal account was listed as lilpink1976@yahoo.co, and his other email is dblbubble93@yahoo.com

I generally like to resolve issues outside of a public form but he left me no choice after a couple of months to publish his information for others to beware. I am withholding his full mane and phone number out of decency.

Maybe he will read this post and cough up the money so I can return his fork and frame. If anyone knows his wearabouts please let me know or email his location as I have some vacation time coming up.

wow that is very sorry of him. It is very hard to trust people these days but like the old saying goes : WHAT GOES AROUND ,COMES AROUND

toomanytoys

I bought a h50 off him a few months ago. Fair price and he shipped it super quick. He didn't hide a thing. He said he never ran it but it hard spark and compression. I put a new carb on it and fired her right up.

Fix it, and your son will learn along the way. Probably a weak spot that needs attention anyway. Look at the other side, also. Good luck.