California 6.5

I somehow got a Doodlebug off Craigslist with a California 6.5. I pulled off the emissions stuff which included a line off the fuel tank, a line off the air box and an open line for run off. I capped the line off the fuel tank, and since the tank has a sealed, threaded screw type cap, it is now not venting and it creates a vacuum in the tank. Do I need to swap tanks?
Tom

65ShelbyClone

Just put the vapor recovery line back on the tank. It's not costing you any power. Contrary to popular belief, emissions equipment rarely does.

^^ what he said...

put the vent line back on. back in the day, the tanks just vented into the air. now they are vented through the line you removed, into a little "charcoal" canister, and back into the intake system of the motor.

by capping the line, it (the tank) cant breathe. put the vent line back on it, through the little plastic thingy on the shroud, and be done with it. wont hurt a thing. if you dont, like you said, you will get a vacuum in the tank, and fuel wont flow, unless you crack the cap open, in which case now fuel will leak through the cap, and onto your hot motor.

would a fuel cap from a not CA tank fix the issue if you were to cap the vent outlet? or is the tank and cap totally different on the CA engines?

would a fuel cap from a not CA tank fix the issue if you were to cap the vent outlet? or is the tank and cap totally different on the CA engines?
It is totally different. It is threaded, not slotted. How about if I change the tank? Do the standard tanks only have an output and not a vent? I have 2 spare tanks that I could use. Otherwise, I will just put the charcoal thing back on.

It is totally different. It is threaded, not slotted. How about if I change the tank? Do the standard tanks only have an output and not a vent? I have 2 spare tanks that I could use. Otherwise, I will just put the charcoal thing back on.
yes the other tanks have one outlet. Fuel. I have one if you need it.