CCS Charger Chopper

Mean Dean

I believe this is a Central Cycle Supply Chopper. it is so close to a Ruttman But has some different variances. It looks to have all of it's original frame and wheels. Shocks and forks. The tires are original Carlisle Trials and the rims are Six Inch open snow flake style. It does run and drive.I picked this up yesterday.

that sure looks like a ruttman to me i believe they were either called ruttman ugly or ruttman grasshopper but either way GREAT find and if you ever want to sell it pm me :scooter:

jmbmini

Nice find!!! It is a Ruttman Grasshopper Chopper for sure and not a CCS Chopper. I rebuilt built a CCS chopper last winter.

Whiz

I would like to know more about this CCS chopper. I have the same bike, same forks, same frame but with a slightly different sissy bar. The frame is really similar to a Grasshopper but the forks have a little Girder bar on the top, just like in the upper picture. Weird how I can only find one pic of the exact same forks!

I would like to know more about this CCS chopper. I have the same bike, same forks, same frame but with a slightly different sissy bar. The frame is really similar to a Grasshopper but the forks have a little Girder bar on the top, just like in the upper picture. Weird how I can only find one pic of the exact same forks!
Ruttman made them for ccs they have a 1 inch frame different foot pegs,the fork uses a curved strut rod instead of straight,rear axle mounts are different and
uses a band brake on the wheel,wheels used are manco spider wheels and used a forward mounted engine plate with dime hole in the centre.I dont think they ever got delivered both companys had financial issues mid 70.I have two of them alot were bought by a Canadian company and rebadged as Panthers

Whiz

Ruttman made them for ccs they have a 1 inch frame different foot pegs,the fork uses a curved strut rod instead of straight,rear axle mounts are different and
uses a band brake on the wheel,wheels used are manco spider wheels and used a forward mounted engine plate with dime hole in the centre.I dont think they ever got delivered both companys had financial issues mid 70.I have two of them alot were bought by a Canadian company and rebadged as Panthers
That makes sense! Do you know what the original color or colors would be? Thanks for the reply canuk, this bike is from Canada I believe.

Whiz

Both I have are red I dont know if thats original and the sissy bar has a rear ward bend about eight inches down
Mine has the same bend, so its the same bike. Looks like its going to be a nice bike, I rechromed the forks back before chrome was rediculous price, and I've got a 4HP tecumseh for power. The frame might be candy green, I've been cleaning the old paints and rust and in the little nooks and crannies there are remnants of bright green. I had my heart set on purple but the original paint color might be cool too. Definately going with powder-coat but not those snow flake Manco wheels. I've always liked Astros so they are already bought.