Chain and sprocket problems

My motovox with a built predator and a mongrel clutch with the stock 75t sprocket has been doing great so I changed to a 65t for more top speed. I put the sprocket adapter on with a two piece 65t sprocket on it. I have the numbers facing out and the way it should be mounted but the chain is making an awful popping sound and making the chain climb off. I've only tried it with the rear wheel off the ground. It looks like the chain is lined up straight. I have the engine adapter to adjust if needed. Any help will be much appreciated. I was wanting to run it at the dragstrip tomorrow. Thanks

I'll give it another try later. I threw it back together with the stock sprocket and did great. I took it to the local 1/8 mile tonight and ran a 12.4@55.04. Ran out of gear half track, still fun for this old 260lb man.

are you sure the 65 tooth sprocket is for a 35 chain? Also possible the sprocket is not cut right. try wrapping some 35 chain all around the sprocket and make sure it fits in all the teeth.

there is also 2 lines on each half and those need to match up and face it out twords you along with the numbers. those lines need to match up else the sprocket will have a small gap wich will make the chain jump. been there done that. lol also when you put the halves on lleave them loose then push them together and tighten them down so they stay nice and tight against each other. you will notice when the hardware is loose they have back and forth movement. so push them together tighten down match the lines on the sprocket!!! should be good.

DB is right the two gear halfs are marked some kinda way so there is really only one way the sprocket is put together right.

That's the exact way I put them. The chain doesn't fit good with the sprocket off either. I put everything back stock to hit the strip, I'll do some messing with it later in the week. Thanks guys.