Chernobyl, anyone else fascinated?

toomanytoys

I've always had a thing for Chernobyl. Not really so much the diaster, but I love ghost towns, abandoned buildings, and just anything left behind. I've looked over google earth at the area, read books, and looked all over the internet at the pictures and stories gathered up from people that were in that area or worked on the diaster.

If anyone wants a good read and is bored check out the stuff on this site

elenafilatova.com

Pretty interesting stuff, also gets into the ukraine trying to pretty much dull the details about the diaster so they could keep people on their side about building nuclear power plants.

I looked over & read her stories last winter....can't remember how I ran across them.
It's very interesting, almost makes you want to go.

Believe NatGeo or Discovery did a special on Pripyat not to long ago.

maverick1

Google urban exploration. Can read that stuff for hours. My daughter got to go into the old Pacbell building in San Francisco last year. She said it was a pretty cool experience. Neat stuff on the Navel ship yard in Nor Cal.

I thought they completely deserted the place after the accident. No thats what smart people would have done. Now lets go inside the reactor and find out where all that radiation is coming from. :eek:ut: And they built a new city too. just amazing

toomanytoys

I thought they completely deserted the place after the accident. No thats what smart people would have done. Now lets go inside the reactor and find out where all that radiation is coming from. :eek:ut: And they built a new city too. just amazing
They still had workers in the plant until 2000 or 2001