Christmas dinner

We have had a holiday tradition of cooking a big beautiful prime rib for dinner on Christmas day. It always went into the oven after we opened presents. Wifey would head off to the kitchen, I would pick up paper scraps, separate the boxes from the small parts scattered carelessly around the living room, assemble what needed to assembled and try to enjoy a cup of coffee.
That was before ribeyes became 14.99 a pound. Have you seen any prime ribs this year? I saw a small 4 rib section Monday for over $60.00. No thank you!
So, we have decided to make a nice home made lasagna this year. I'll put some small, fresh mozzarella balls on top like snowballs just before it comes out of the oven. Nice, green salad will add some holiday color. I am trying to imagine how to dress up some garlic bread. Will, our 10 yea old, says "Food Coloring!"

What are you doing differently this year?

We were debating between lasagna and a smoked salmon filet. Lasagna won because we do salmon about once a month all year.
Wifey is on a diet...Keto...Cheeto...Frito...something like that, but she squawks when I mention pasta, so we will make an exception for Christmas.
Since I am retired and she is a school teacher, I do the cooking and I miss my pasta.
By the way, does any of you folks know the difference between carbohydrates and hydrocarbons?

We were debating between lasagna and a smoked salmon filet. Lasagna won because we do salmon about once a month all year.
Wifey is on a diet...Keto...Cheeto...Frito...something like that, but she squawks when I mention pasta, so we will make an exception for Christmas.
Since I am retired and she is a school teacher, I do the cooking and I miss my pasta.
By the way, does any of you folks know the difference between carbohydrates and hydrocarbons?
Hey Sparky, as a matter of fact I do know the difference. Turkey carbohydrates end up hanging over your belt while turkey hydrocarbons are gaseously propelled out the the ass and cause extreme drowsinous.

It looks like lasagna is pretty popular at the Christmas dinner table. We need something green to go along with all that red and white.
Any suggestions? I already suggested green paper plates. That got shut down real fast.
Asparagas? Green beans? Please don't say green bean casserole. That was last month. (Gag, yuck )

It looks like lasagna is pretty popular at the Christmas dinner table. We need something green to go along with all that red and white.
Any suggestions? I already suggested green paper plates. That got shut down real fast.
Asparagas? Green beans? Please don't say green bean casserole. That was last month. (Gag, yuck )
Creamed spinach?