Clinton Panthers

Picked up these two handsome 2 strokers over the last couple of weeks. Compression n spark is there. Looking for mount brackets for them so they can be minibiked up n stuff.

What do the crankshafts look like?
Usually if they don't have the standard mount, its because they were connected to a generator, or something that took a special crank.
PM me if you need parts, or a parts list. Too big to attach here.

terry

What do the crankshafts look like?
Usually if they don't have the standard mount, its because they were connected to a generator, or something that took a special crank.
PM me if you need parts, or a parts list. Too big to attach here.

terry
Cranks are straight with key groove. They even have NORAM clutches on them already.

These were apparently used as weed wackers. The poor bastard who use them would strap these engines to their backs some kind of apparatus came forward with the blades on them. Could you imagine walking around with these on your back. I mean they're not the heaviest engines but still.

I will need mounting brackets. Also the one on the left looks like it has a Tecumseh recoil on it. I have an NOS one for a Panther but it's for a counter-clockwise motor. So I'm interested in one of those too. I've got the old Clinton service manual so I have all the part numbers thanks though!

Post a picture of the CCW recoil. I may have one to trade.
In the last picture, I can see serial numbers on the plate over the cylinder. That tells me at least one of them is a 500-0100-xxx.
It is an improved version of the A400. I say A400, because it has the large seal on the PTO.
terry

In the last picture, I can see serial numbers on the plate over the cylinder. That tells me at least one of them is a 500-0100-xxx.
It is an improved version of the A400. I say A400, because it has the large seal on the PTO.
terry
Yeah, the one on left is A400 1117 the other one is 500 0100 016. So you know a lot about these? Good, you can be my 2 Stroke Sensei!

Here is a pic of the nos ccw recoil that i had on my phone. I will take a better one tonight.

JT,
I have a recoil and a mount, but it is attached to an engine that could use a little love right now. PM me and maybe we can work something out? I'm always willing to trade for different junk. Lol
Pat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

terry
Here's better shots

No. But I'm sure you know that by now. :laugh: I'm going to be in the market for that engine presently, or an MC9 or 75. That is a nice engine.
I have one on a MAC 250 chainsaw. Not sure what mac engine it translates to. I can never seem to find an answer to that. I thought one of the single digit numbers like the 9. I was going to be converting it to a kart engine just cuz i want the experience. But if you are interested id sell to you.

I have one on a MAC 250 chainsaw. Not sure what mac engine it translates to. I can never seem to find an answer to that. I thought one of the single digit numbers like the 9. I was going to be converting it to a kart engine just cuz i want the experience. But if you are interested id sell to you.
Thanks for that offer. I'm going for more period correct, but I do appreciate the offer to sell it. I believe that 250 is more like 80cc, or a tad more.