college course for zombie survival

Hope things never go that way.
Would miss my OldMiniBikes Forum, all the cool stuff electricity provides - love technology.
Maybe for the next build off we should have a wood fire minibike with zobie bashing equipment:laugh:

toomanytoys

I'd love to be part of this. The way I read it's more of a social experiement than a class from reading the article.

If anyone is a fan of the walking dead they play out the world well. How some people lose their moral values quite quickly where others will cling to their ideals with every fiber of their being.

Latest eposide of that, Do you kill a young man because he may be a threat to you and your group or do you allow him to join you?

We all like to think we could still be civilized but I don't think it would happen. When you have very little supplies and are under constant pressure I think we would all crack.

oldfatguy

it is an interesting concept, the question is would the survivors all band together and work for their mutual survival or would civilisation degenerate into bands of roving gangs competing with each other for supplies and resources. It could be argued either way, is a small group of 10 or less more easily sustainable or would being part of a much larger group be a better choice. What is the best choice for a zombie weapon ? These are probably some of the topics that would be discussed as part of that course.

toomanytoys

Best weapon? a semi auto .22 rifle. If all that counts are head shots it doesn't take much to drop one, so it would be perfect. Light and you can carry tons of ammo without being weighed down.

12 gauge would be fun too.

Personally, I believe a small group could work together much better than a large group. Less mouths to feed.

Walking Dead is one of the BEST shows out there. I watched the first season then bought the DVD and have been watching this season. The show always keeps you on the edge of your seat, makes you pay attention, and makes you really listen to the group and use your head to think about what would you do in some of the situations that they are in during each episode.

I think that there is strength in numbers BUT then again I also think the small group that they currently have works the best, people knowledgable in all aspects of life, cops, a doctor (kind of), farmers, hunters/gatherers, scouts, and they can all work together (kind of) to watch out for the group and have less mouths to feed. The farm is nice but but they don't really seem to have much in the lines of defensse there, not many guns or a lot of ammo, nobody has really looked into barricading the house, not a good supply of food, nobody seems to have thought about a get away plan incase they are swarmed by a herd kind of like what happen on the highway. Where did that herd come from, where were they going? They kind of came out of nowhere and was on them in no time at all. I think if i was in that kind of a situation would think out a lot of these things BEFORE it was all to late but I have watched the show and kind of see whats missing or what I would do I guess.

I was watching Sons of Guns last night and there was a show coming on afterward call Doomsday Bunkers that I wanted to watch but the wife wanted to watch CSI so we watched it instead. Some of this stuff sounds so stupid but then again who knows when something is going to happen, look how fast panic and scare set in when 9-11 happened. Sometimes it's the things of the past that make you really think a little bit about your future. I remember watching Red Dawn as a kid, it scared me but also made me think a little about "IF THAT EVER HAPPENED" even as a kid!

I don't have a plan if things would ever happen, no large amounts of food and water stored or guns and ammo but sometimes I wonder if I should. Thank God the mini bike is easy on gas if something ever did happen! LOL!

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Walking Dead is an awesome show. I love all aspects of the show. It is more than a zombie show, I feel more like I am reading a book than I am watch a TV show.

They have allowed themselves to become so situated thinking they are untouchable at the farm house that they forget the world has ended. Look at how they let Carl just run off on his own, people go for walks alone in the woods unarmed ect.

I'm not sure what I would do in that situation. I do not keep enough food or water in the house for anything serious. After a week I'd be living off of can goods, and a week after that I'd be out of food. Water, I usually have 5 cases of some sort of pop(soda) and a 32 pack of bottled water depending on what day of the grocery shoping rotation I am on. I do not have a well either. I live in a small town of 2000 or so, but I am right along interstate 70, probably 8 miles away. One of the major highways. I am also within 25 miles of I77 and 60 miles from I79. Major screw zone with a mass exodus of people from pittsburgh and columbus. I guess I'd hunker down and try to make it through with me and my wife.

I have enough firearms and ammo in the house to keep a small army supplied. But thats the least important thing in the long term. I honestly believe if a major incident occured in the US we would be wiped off the face of the earth. People are too soft, too fat, and too lazy. Mass panic and peoples inability to hunt or grow their own food would just end us.

I am right along interstate 70, probably 8 miles away. One of the major highways. I am also within 25 miles of I77 and 60 miles from I79.
I was up your way last weekend and thought about sending you a message and seeing if you would be home but then thought he would probably think I am some kinda nut job if I said "Hey, I'm hemigremmy from OldMiniBikes, you gonna be home? Care if I stop and say hi with my wife and kids?" Then I figured my wife would say "You wanna do what? You don't even know this guy!" LOL!
We went up to Cabelas and I seen on the OldMiniBikes user map that you lived between cambridge and cabelas. I can be in Cambridge in about 45-50 minutes from my house. Your the closest minibiker to me I think!

Oh, maybe next time.....LOL!

oldfatguy

the walking dead is a great show, there is a new show on called Preppers, it's all stories about what people are doing to prepare for a total economic collapse or a natural disaster. It's good but nothing competes with zombies. I think that a small group would be better because if the group is too large it will be difficult to get everyone to agree and get along. I like the idea of a .22 if it's enough but I usually carry a 12ga shotgun on my zombie hunts it upstate ny.

toomanytoys

I was up your way last weekend and thought about sending you a message and seeing if you would be home but then thought he would probably think I am some kinda nut job if I said "Hey, I'm hemigremmy from OldMiniBikes, you gonna be home? Care if I stop and say hi with my wife and kids?" Then I figured my wife would say "You wanna do what? You don't even know this guy!" LOL!
We went up to Cabelas and I seen on the OldMiniBikes user map that you lived between cambridge and cabelas. I can be in Cambridge in about 45-50 minutes from my house. Your the closest minibiker to me I think!

Oh, maybe next time.....LOL!
I noticed you lived in Marietta before. You have any land to ride on out that way? I've always thought about shooting you a PM and seeing about meeting up for some riding!

I noticed you lived in Marietta before. You have any land to ride on out that way? I've always thought about shooting you a PM and seeing about meeting up for some riding!
No land for me, we rent right now but hopefully going to be looking at buying a house next year. My requirements for a house are slightly different then my wifes, like nice big garage, some land, toilet and a shower, LOL!

My step brothers grandparents have some land and I will talk to him about some possible riding out there. My dad lives up near Belle Valley, Ohio I think it is exit 28 going south on 77 and there is all kinds of strip mine roads out there and we might be able to go out there and ride and not get hassled to much.

What kind of rididng do you do mostly, off road, trails or just back road riding? I just get to blast mine up and down the street a few times giving my kids a few rides before i tuck it back in the building and shut the light off before the cops come. Never had the cops here but I am also respectful when riding and don't try to cause trouble in the neighborhood.

Definatly get ahold of me sometime and we will try and meet up and do some riding, I talk to Jmbmini a good bit and know he has some friends that he rides with around Zanesville I think. Maybe we will have to all get together sometime and go out riding, I have spoke to Dodgeboydan and he was wanting to try and get together sometime this summer and go do some riding. He's from up near Akron, Ohio about an hour south of Cleveland he said.

Sound like we all need to make some plans and see when and where we can all get together and hang out. I want to have some cook outs this summer and maybe we could all get together then find a place to go ride!!!
I can't wait for summer!!!! :scooter:

toomanytoys

It depends on what I have out. The super broncs and hill topper hit trails. Rupps hit back roads and my rigid bikes go around the yard and street. So it varies by bike. My super bronc has been some pretty nasty places. I'd love to try to get a group together. The areas I ride aren't posted I've rode there since I was 5 but don't know if I am allowed there. No one has hassled me yet

All I have up and running right now is this.....

Then this one is in the works, trying to put a 5hp briggs together for it.....

So I guess I am gonna be doing mostly back road riding....lol!

Best weapon? a semi auto .22 rifle. If all that counts are head shots it doesn't take much to drop one, so it would be perfect. Light and you can carry tons of ammo without being weighed down.

12 gauge would be fun too.

Personally, I believe a small group could work together much better than a large group. Less mouths to feed.
Field Reporter: Chief, if I were surrounded by eight or ten of these things, would I stand a chance?
Sheriff McClelland: Well, that's no problem, if you got a gun shoot 'em in the head. That's the sure way to kill 'em. If you don't, get yourself a club. Beat 'em or burn 'em. They go up pretty easy.

"Night of the Living Dead "

You can buy the first season on DVD, I got I when it came out and only paid $15 for it. I'm sure amazon probably has it cheaper. The show is very good and once you start your hooked!!!

toomanytoys

You can buy the first season on DVD, I got I when it came out and only paid $15 for it. I'm sure amazon probably has it cheaper. The show is very good and once you start your hooked!!!
I absolutely love anything zombie. Books movies comics anything. So I new I'd love it but after a few shows even my wife was hooked and we watch it every week together. She never misses it.

oldfatguy

well lets all hope that if it ever happens they are the slow moving type instead of the ones that can run fast like in the new dawn of the dead. The scary thing is this whole zombie thing is really possible. Instead of the dead coming back to life all that is necessary is for something like mad cow disease to make the jump into humans turning them into killing machines.

I absolutely love anything zombie. Books movies comics anything. So I new I'd love it but after a few shows even my wife was hooked and we watch it every week together. She never misses it.
I seen the complete series of Walking Dead Comic books from Image at walmart when the show first started. My wife and I started watching and we can't miss an episode!! I guess we kind of have some stuff in common toomanytoys, LOL!