Comp valves and springs.

I ordered valves and springs from comp racing.
Both of the new springs are the same number and length. Briggs calls for different numbers and one of the old springs was shorter ( A full 1/4 inch) than the other.

There was no top retainer on the springs so they could have worn down

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I did get just exhaust valve. I noticed The head was slightly thicker. was hoping it wouldnt hit the head. It didnt.
Lapped the valves,,, Very good seal.
Why new valves?
Aftermarket are made the same, and stronger for more RPM. Basically made for modifications

Lost pressure bad. 65lbs.
Pullled piston last night. Rings are great small gap.
Not sure where ive lost pressure.
Valves are the only place left. But i have lapped them very well.
Thought a stiffer spring would help.

Head gasket new and no leAks?

About to put old springs and exhaust valve back in the engine.

I ordered valves and springs from comp racing.
Both of the new springs are the same number and length. Briggs calls for different numbers and one of the old springs was shorter ( A full 1/4 inch) than the other.

There was no top retainer on the springs so they could have worn down

I sell comp cams the valves, which motor are we talking about.. ?

If you are using a stock cam, it is hard to get a compression reading. The "easy spin" feature allows the valve opening to overlap ( exhaust valve is already opening when intake valve closes). This is to make it easier to start and decrease kickback.

Iwas shocked how easy it was to spiin after putting in new rings. They were gapped very tight.
If you are using a stock cam, it is hard to get a compression reading. The "easy spin" feature allows the valve opening to overlap ( exhaust valve is already opening when intake valve closes). This is to make it easier to start and decrease kickback.