cool HF tool

everytime I went to HF it was on my mental list to pick it up but I had mental fatigue as soon as I went in the door, I did actually print a picture and wrote it on the list this time. I agree I think it will get used alot :scooter:

Mac

I don't see how just that item can be "self-centering".:eek:ut:
That's a bit like false advertising, without any instructions
as to what you have to do to prepare the item to be "self-centering".

I feel bad for the bonehead that bolts that to his drillpress
and expects to get a nice straight shot at a nice straight hole.

oh oh :shrug: i'm a bonehead because thats what i did, i wanted this for when i want to drill a fast hole in a pipe. yesterday i decided to try it out for a new top bar to pull my welding cart around. i thought it did a pretty good job , i eyeballed the center prior to mounting it to the drill press. the one thing i didn't like was that i had to mount the V inline with the bar that supports the motor and drill, i need a thick square plate to mount it to so i can turn it the other way.:scooter:

The jig makes sure the center of the pipe you lay in it is centered in the jig. You have to center the jig on your drill press by chucking up a drill bit to make sure you are in the center of the "V" on the jig then lock it down. Once you get one centered correctly and locked down so it doesn't move they work very well.

Is there not a pilot hole in it? Figured they would put like a 1/4" hole in it to line it up before you tighten it down to the table. Might cost too much......