Coughing back from intake

Sometimes on Startup engine coughs through intake. But once running all seems fine. Never had this happen until changing flywheel to a Billet flywheel. The flywheel is 8 degrees advanced timing and 32 before top dead center. Do I need to change the cam or is the factory stock cam okay. This is a predator 212 CC

The cough only happens if the engine does not start. Also this only happens on a cold start up. Once engine is warmed up it starts immediately.

Okay thank you I was just curious as to what was going on as it did not happen until I change the flywheel. Could this be happening due to new flywheel firing sooner than stock flywheel.

CarPlayLB

Okay thank you I was just curious as to what was going on as it did not happen until I change the flywheel. Could this be happening due to new flywheel firing sooner than stock flywheel.
Yes, it is just pushing the engine backwards and letting the compression escape through the open valve.

Thank you for all your replies the engine runs fine. I installed it on a longtail as Mud Motor and ran it this weekend for about 3 hours. That little motor has some juice it pushes my 12 foot flat boat with me and duck hunting gear 21 miles per hour.