crankshaft

i knew that, i was saying that either a gx160 would work in a gc160 not if a gx160 would work in a gx200

i added that because this topic could easily come up if someone did a search for that info and i wanted to clarify it.

i guess i should have added, this is not related to this thread but considering the terms that are used it could easily come up in a search, so here's some info.

The GX 200 crank will not fit in the 160 without the piston skirt cut down. But the deck high is also lower ( by 1 fin ) so a clever fellow could make it work with a different piston and a very very thick gasket.

A GX160 crank will fit and work just fine in a 200 block but the bump clearence will be huge because of the shorter stroke and compression will end up something like 3:1 ( fine if you want to burn drip gas or kerosene ). An long rod and the correct piston probably exists to correct this but all you gain is a gx160 in a 200 block with a long rod.

The GX 200 crank will not fit in the 160 without the piston skirt cut down. But the deck high is also lower ( by 1 fin ) so a clever fellow could make it work with a different piston and a very very thick gasket.

A GX160 crank will fit and work just fine in a 200 block but the bump clearence will be huge because of the shorter stroke and compression will end up something like 3:1 ( fine if you want to burn drip gas or kerosene ). An long rod and the correct piston probably exists to correct this but all you gain is a gx160 in a 200 block with a long rod.
for damn near everyone on this forum it doesn't fit. :laugh:

with enough time, money and know how you can make anything work.

I have seen for myself they do fit into the block they just need a lot of money to work lol.

I would not bother trying to build that engine. but for some stock apearing classes guys will make a gx160 that has a 200 stroker crank.

I would prefer a long rod engine with a 200 crank and a 3 inch bore but that is WAY over my budget and skill level.....
Might buy a block some day from MDB for a 240 piston conversion but thats straining at my tollerence for cash too much work for me right now.

3 engines on the go, two GX clones and one DM10 diesel clone getting the hot rod ( the diesel has 1 1/4 ports and 1000 ccs )