Dash Cams

Does anybody have any experience with dash cams???

My wife drives a pretty hectic commute that involves curvy 2 lane roads, 4 lane roads and 5 lane roads with a medium that gets used as a passing lane. People cant stay in their lane when coming around a corner. Doesn't make any difference if its a Dump Truck or a Smart car they cut the corner short like they are the only one on the road. She has already been in a bad wreck where she was traveling around a right hand bend on a double yellow line, turning left into a business and was hit by an idiot passing on the double yellow line in the curve....... :eek:ut: Our driveway is at the end of a half a mile of straight road and she has been passed while she was turning in to the driveway by a dually pickup that ran all up in our yard and back out onto the road and never slowed down.... :shrug: What do you do?????

I have been looking at dash cams that mount on the back of the mirror and there are just to many choices to try and weed through the junk. I figured someone here would know something about them as far as good, bad or just plain junk. I need some camera wisdom.

Thanks for the help,

Doug

This country is plagued with impatient drivers who just don't give a crap about anything but their own agenda and your just the next nuisance in their pathway. It might be good to have a camera recording both front and back views.

I got nothing on this except getting more popular fast..i see very inexpensive upstarts making them..I'd say they be cheaper soon not that that helps you now..features,resolution,looping recording instead of resetting and instant on when car started and back and front record.. seems..

This country is plagued with impatient drivers who just don't give a crap about anything but their own agenda and your just the next nuisance in their pathway. It might be good to have a camera recording both front and back views.
That is what I am looking for Steven, both front and rear. Its like trying to by a pair of shoes. You just go and buy what you have worn for years but if you had never worn shoes where the hell would you start?????

That is what I am encountering with camera choices. You can cheap out or you can go broke buying high end.... I have no clue what all this "camera information" means. Its all a foreign language to me.

Doug

Itype2slo

They are good. With speed traps all over. They will eventually pay for themselves. Do it and get a quality one. Better than any fuzzbuster get one with GPS :thumbsup:

Does anybody have any experience with dash cams???

My wife drives a pretty hectic commute that involves curvy 2 lane roads, 4 lane roads and 5 lane roads with a medium that gets used as a passing lane. People cant stay in their lane when coming around a corner. Doesn't make any difference if its a Dump Truck or a Smart car they cut the corner short like they are the only one on the road. She has already been in a bad wreck where she was traveling around a right hand bend on a double yellow line, turning left into a business and was hit by an idiot passing on the double yellow line in the curve....... :eek:ut: Our driveway is at the end of a half a mile of straight road and she has been passed while she was turning in to the driveway by a dually pickup that ran all up in our yard and back out onto the road and never slowed down.... :shrug: What do you do?????

I have been looking at dash cams that mount on the back of the mirror and there are just to many choices to try and weed through the junk. I figured someone here would know something about them as far as good, bad or just plain junk. I need some camera wisdom.

Thanks for the help

Doug
Doug, I've experienced SC drivers, they drive like they are qualifying for Nascar. I thought Ohio was bad. Get a camera, front and back. Fred

MB165

A genuine 808 #16 keychain cam with wide angle lens (D lens), and suction cup mount work real good, its 720p 30fps,, or a Mobius action cam, 1080p 60fps. use a reliable seller (eletoponlione via ebay is a reliable/ good one). they can be configured to flip the video depending on how its mounted, resolution, video/ picture mode, sound, loop recording, auto start, etc.....there's some good, free, firmware access programs for them too.

Last edited: