DB-30 Footpeg Fun...

I've been slowwwlllyyy working on a DB-30 + B&S engine swap.

While I was digging through some of my various odds & ends, I ran across a set of foot pegs that I had laying around.

Unfortunately I have no idea what type of bike those pegs came from. It's too bad, because they are almost a perfect fit. If you have a Motorcycle/Sport-Bike salvage business nearby. I would think that with a bit of digging in the the foot-peg bin you should be able to find something that will work. Just another easy way to personalize your DB-30.

If I could weld. I would cut an inch or more off each side of the tube, that the pegs mount to & narrow it up a bit. Of course I would also see about cutting the kick-stand off & placing it on the correct side.

Let's see more examples of various DB-30 customization. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Hey CJ,

I typed the reply above before I saw your post.

The new pegs fit right in there. I used the original DB-30 springs with a couple of changes. I straightened out the hook on the end that engages the frame. I cut the hook off the other end & just left a straight leg sticking out to position the peg forward. The part of the peg that really helped, was that there is a sleeve that slides in & out of the peg. This allowed me to place the spring inside the peg & then slide the sleeve into the peg & retain the spring. Coincidentally the pin that the peg pivots on was the same diameter for both sets of pegs. The DB-30 pin is longer & that is the one I used.

The part of the peg that sits inside the DB-30 yoke, was too short to stop against the frame properly. At first the pegs would angle forward. I cut about a 1" square out of a piece of 3/8" dense rubber mat that is generally used on concrete floors to prevent your feet from hurting. I wedged that into the yoke & then installed the peg. There is enough clearance on top & bottom of the peg, that I plan to try & locate a couple of nylon washer/spacers about 1/8" thick or so to place above & below. The pegs may be pocket bike stuff for all I know. I included a pic of the framework they were removed from. I thought that they might be a set of rear passenger pegs with a mount to support the exhaust. That's about it.

I've seen pegs like that on all types of motorcycle/moped/pocket bike/pit bike parts sites but you never know what will fit. I'm sure any peg would work if your able to fabricate a proper mount