Did any one wire a dewalat 9hp motor

Did anyone try wiring a dewalt 9 horse up to a mini. I would like to use a battery and charge set set up because im not sure if it has a genorater coil.

Last edited:

MB165

If it doesnt have a charge coil in it, it wont work.

green wire=carb solenoid?
yellow =low oil shutdown?
black= kill switch

How do i know if i have a charge coil? pics??? And also it has some sort of an electric choke. Any one have a pic of what the did to wire it up or even a diagram?
thanks

Last edited:

MB165

best way is to look under or pull the flywheel. see if there is coils of wire under it (a stator). I dont think there is though.

Dewalt is a Honda clone so you should be able to use the diagram from one of those. I think you are missing a rectifier,the 2 green wires I believe are from each charge coil.

I second the "look under the flywheel" (or at least see if the two green wires come from there). I also second the "if it had a starter it probably has a charger". Sorry MB165, I am thinking the greens are the charging coil, however I also think the rectifier is missng (at least from the photo). If you can give the flywheel a good spin with your voltmeter on AC (maybe 100 volt range) on the two green leads a healthy coil will show up to 60 volts AC. As for the "electric choke" thingy. That could be a "fuel solenoid", maybe a red wire into a little Plunger like device attached to the bottom of the carb ? Let's sort out the coil part first !

I did a quick look no wires come from the starter, The green ones are from the coil. Oh and if dewalt is like a clone,is it strictly wires or parts like crank,head,ect?

Thanks for the info :scooter:

Nope

Is this the recifier thing

No, this time MB165 got it right, the yellow and black are the low oil and the kill switch wiring. Honda calls that unit the "ESS". Think of it as the "or" connection, meaning the the kill switch goes to ground OR the low oil sensor goes to ground. I've got a diagram if you need it.