Different H35 intake

Ive never gotten an intake like this on a Tecumseh before. Is this a more modern intake on this '68 H35? Judging by the torx screws it must be added later for sure. The speed control assembly is also weird.

I have seen lots of them on the Tecumseh engines manufactured for the Sears Craftsman "Eager -1" lawn edgers during the 1970's-1980's. If you are referring to the screws holding the intake to the engine those are not "torx" screws- they are "allenhead" and I've seen them before
Michael

Last edited:
I have seen lots of them on the Tecumseh engines manufactured for the Sears Craftsman "Eager -1" lawn edgers during the 1970's-1980's. If you are referring to the screws holding the intake to the engine those are not "torx" screws- they are "allenhead" and I've seen them before
Michael
Ive never seen even allen head screws on the old ones.
Ok then i guess the intake could be original. Thanks!

delray

JohnnyTillotson, here something you don't see . ariens snowblower engine(sidepopper) with minibike linkage. i have only found this on the late 60's engines.......:shrug: kind of weird to see.

capguncowboy

JohnnyTillotson, here something you don't see . ariens snowblower engine(sidepopper) with minibike linkage. i have only found this on the late 60's engines.......:shrug: kind of weird to see.
I've seen that on the 1968 and earlier models found on tillers, edgers and snowblowers. I found a mint green '67 h30 on a blower that had a 6-hole muffler on it once. That was a direct bolt on for a Bird roller I had at the time.

delray

yes capguncowboy there is some weird stuff out there that comes with minibike linkage.
here is a mint green. it seems like everyone that i have found from this company that made the mint green color came with minibike linkage.

also have found some older sears stuff with the minibike linkage.

yes capguncowboy there is some weird stuff out there that comes with minibike linkage.
here is a mint green. it seems like everyone that i have found from this company that made the mint green color came with minibike linkage.

also have found some older sears stuff with the minibike linkage.

You can find minibike control brackets on a particular year Troy Built tiller too.