Dirt Oval Track and TT Course race event in Winchendon Ma. Wachusett Valley Riders

Wachusett Valley Riders Club - 783 Spring St. (Rte 12) - Winchendon, Ma Wachusett Valley Riders Club

Next race is....Saturday October 24th... Follow the thread to check for future dates.

Mini Bikes and Trikes (if there are enough trikes and bikes we may run in separate races)

$10. gate fee and $30. race fee(per race ie: flat track & TT course) that's the general gate and race fees for everyone

SOME MINOR RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For Safety !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRIKES...... NO REAR KNOBBY TIRES !!!!! Turf Savers or something similar
SAFETY GEAR ...
handle bar mounted kill switch!!!!!!!!!
helmet....Must be full faced with a shield or Motocross with goggles no open faced helmets
boots
gloves
long pants
long sleeve shirts
Optional gear chest protector elbow and knee guards

NO RADICAL mini bikes or trikes that are toooo fast for the track .(.INSURANCE ISSUE)
Motor rules (as we have them now)
OHV- Honda/Clone 6.5 horse
Mod 2 cam
.010 head gasket
26# springs
Billet stock length Rod
Billet flywheel

Flat Head Up to 8 horse
With similar mods to above
Pump Gas or Racing Fuel only (No Alcohol)

Last edited:
Also this is a family friendly event. Kids racing on the track,riding bicycles in the pits. Ladies,dogs,children... So don't expect this to be a place to drink and act stupid... It is real racing and safety is first.Roger who puts on this event does a great job and does what it takes to make it a fun,safe event...... So you can't be walking around holding open beers in your hands,racing too fast in the pits,or being unsafe in any way... That being said. We have a blast racing. We go as fast as we can and it feels like you are flying especially if you arent use to a real track or race. But when you watch the dirtbike riders you quickly realize we are going in slow motion compared to them. We don't race them. We race each other so it is a fair,fun good time... Honestly the most fun I have had riding and racing around on my trike. A totally different feel than riding around on fields or the street... Even if you are slower than everyone else,the experience is great... This is our first year and as we get the word out it will certainly grow... If you have any questions.POST them here. I believe this could also be a good event to swap and sell some stuff at. Definitely a good place to get together to meet like minded fools...lol

I've been to Wincendon a lot lately. Saturdays are tough for me though, my wife seems to fill them up for me lmao.
Maybe I'll build a flat track bike over the winter?

Looking better all the time! Honey asked "so how much for one of those trike things" , of course I said not much , they're pretty old and need alot of work. And I think she'll actually be coming on Saturday.

Dale

You might want to put a "wanted" post on Craigslist with various pics of different trikes and names to see what happens. Can't hurt. Once you try one it will become an obsession.

Great idea Randy, in addition to the dozen or more saved searches covering most of Ct., Rhode island, and western Mass. I was wondering about wanted adds too. I haven't even gotten on one and the obsession is already kicking in.

That looks like a nice clean trike but I'm worried that at 6'1" and almost 250 lbs I might feel like I do on the little Manco. :confused:
Thank you very much Randy! I think I might hold out for a T-555. They seem a little bigger framed. Let me know what you guys think.

Dale

I'm 5'11" and 350 pounds. And the T555s are my favorites for racing. You can through your body weight around to get low in the turns so you don't flip. The Owosso Explorer,Alsport RTS and TS series,Snowcos should all fit you but if they have the fiberglass bodies they can make you feel "locked" in the seat and not as agile. For comfort and not racing I like the Alsport TS series. You just need to see some and sit in them to decide.