Disturbing trend.....or maybe just cabin fever ???

I'm seeing a really disturbing trend on this site, I'm referring to threads turning into flame wars over nothing.

I dont know if people are suffering from cabin fever or stressed about the bad economy (I'm dieing financially and stressed over it but still maintain on the forums-mostly) or just plain sick of each other.

I know not everyone will like everyone but I tend to just ignore the ones that bother me and I know it really takes some inner strength to stop responding so a bad turn of a thread dies.

Maybe its just that I have been on a vacation lately and spending more time digging deeper into the threads IDK.
(ahh this is most likely it and I just never really noticed it as much before)

i don't see it as a trend, that's just the way most message boards are. this place is mellow compared to most of the other boards i post on.

it gets boring when everyone is nice and answering the same damn questions all the time.

65ShelbyClone

I didn't really notice, although I tend to stay in the engine forums. Threads that turn messy seem to get cleaned up promptly.

If you want to see the downward spiral, go to 4cycle. Seems like hardly any promising threads over there stay intact for more than a half page.

it gets boring when everyone is nice and answering the same damn questions all the time.
Yeah, that gets really, really old. It happens on every single forum I've been to, though.

Last edited:
If you want to see the downward spiral, go to 4cycle. Seems like hardly any promising threads over there stay intact for more than a half page.
Actually I dont want to see it, I see enough of it and when it gets really bad I just leave it.

This site is well maintained/policed but even so some of the littlest problems get so out of control.
The thread on the christmas minibike give-a-way is a perfect example of a great thread gone wrong.All that BS marring a very good thing, to what end.

Ohh well I know it happens this isnt my first forum I've been on I just hate to see to much of it on my favorite forums.
If I responded nastily to everthing that irked me on all the forums I visited I'd have to quit my job, stop sleeping and eat at the keyboard so I could get all my jabs in.:eek:ut:
I find it easier to just ignore and and move on which keeps things on a much nicer note overall.

Maybe its just the elites here are tired of the noob's and cant hardly handle it anymore, I've seen that many times.(I've been there myself)
Hmmm......doesnt this site have hidden forums like most sites where the veterans can go to discuss things without all the NOOBism's.<(is that a word :shrug::laugh:)
Dont answer this I dont care either way.

I still think I'm just seeing more of it because I'm on vacation and reading more than just the quick pop-in before/after work like usual.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. No problem here. :thumbsup: :biggrin:
Hell ya you have been to some of the places I've been to LOl ...You know the deal, members making threats ,calling each other out , Remember the old fiddylife forum ? It was a free for all those kids were saying all kinds of stuff and I was getting PMs asking if I wanted to buy drugs :eek:ut::confused: ...This place is the best on the netz !!:thumbsup:

now right there is something to fight about!
Get on Criagslist and buy your self a snowmobile! LOL
I have a better idea, my wife and I will be headed to our Alabama winter home in a few weeks ( should have been there a month ago ) but stuck around to give our granddaughters there DB for Christmas.:scooter:

How does that saying go? See a need fill a need... or was it a friend in need, a friend indeed? :shrug: Can't remember but kinda reminds that thick skin is perhaps more than just a spiritual process? :scooter:

YouTube - R. Lee Ermey GEICO Commercial - Therapist Sarge

I didn't really notice, although I tend to stay in the engine forums. Threads that turn messy seem to get cleaned up promptly.

Yeah, that gets really, really old. It happens on every single forum I've been to, though.
i don't see it as a trend, that's just the way most message boards are. this place is mellow compared to most of the other boards i post on.

Oldsalt

Strigoi! You broke the blood sworn "Pact of Silence". You know damn well you're not even suppose to even confirm it's existence to outsiders. Now everyone will be asking questions.

Strigoi! You broke the blood sworn "Pact of Silence". You know damn well you're not even suppose to even confirm it's existence to outsiders. Now everyone will be asking questions.
they can ask all they want as long as no one tells. there's only a few so it wouldn't be hard to find out who snitched.