Do I have electronic ignition?(pic)

I just pulled the shroud off to take a look underneath..There do not appear to be any wires coming to the coil from under the flywheel..Is this some sort of electronic ignition?..Judging by the way the mounting holes are all screwed up I would say its probably not original?

Lol yea it has electronic ignition. Definitely changed or something at some point. Just make sure the coil gap is right (thickness of a business card should pass between the flywheel magnet and each leg of the coil.

What you DONT have is a charging system which would be wires from under your flywheel. That single wire on the coil is your ground/kill wire. Touch it to metal and motor shuts off.

Thanks for the help..The gap definetly need to be adjusted as one side is up much further than the other from the magnet..I haven't needed the kill wire yet..Can't get it running good enough to need to shut it off..lol.

Something about that set-up is just plain wrong. The skewed mounting and off set of the magnetic pick-ups is just bad. I hope it you get it working!

It does actually work.The motor runs but mostly very rough.The spark looks kinda weak so I was expecting to pull the flywheel and have a look at the points..Not quite sure what to do now other than clean up the magnets and check the gap I guess..

It does actually work.The motor runs but mostly very rough.The spark looks kinda weak so I was expecting to pull the flywheel and have a look at the points..Not quite sure what to do now other than clean up the magnets and check the gap I guess..
Yeah there is something up there for sure. It looks like the coil is way off to the right too. Normally anything like that they try to center from the factory.. If it is running rough the spark might be really retarded.. Are there factory studs that it is bolted to? It almost looks to me like someone cobble jobbed a lawn mower coil on it for ya. :doah:

richs

that is a h50 electronic ignition the coil is only sapost to go one way it looks like someone tried to put it on backwards and drilled it to fit or didnt tighten up the bolts and it slid down and got caught in the flywheel they sit slightly off to the right