Dooblebug Silencing

Is there any replacement muffler for the doodlebug stock engine to make it more quiet?

Is the predator engine a more quiet engine in stock form? Or are there better mufflers for that engine available?

I want to ride more in the evening since its getting dark earlier, but I don't want to anger any neighbors.

I did some searching here, and people aren't really specifying if it is the stock engine or predator and the old links don't work or are not provided.

Last edited:
Which do you have, new style or old style. I noticed the new style are louder, but seem to run better. I know what you are talking about, I have the same issue and like the old style if I want to be quite.

I also noticed if you make the idle jet larger it runs better, but is definitely louder at idle.

Another example of this phenomenom: I drilled out idle jet on my 6.5 clone and it's really loud. Mine was quiet at the track, idled better, but harder to start compared to the others. They seemed to run better, especially on starts. I thought they had more compression, better ring seal, something. A buddy told me to drill out the idle jet a lot more. I tried it, and now mine is like the rest, very loud, and runs better, but will really load up on idle, don't want to let it idle long lol's.

I took my little 97cc engine off my doodle bug and installed a new predator, then took the little 97cc engine and installed it on my grandsons mini bike....the stock predator is quieter than the little 97cc. both had stock mufflers. jmo