Drag Bike

Thought someone might like to see the bike I'm building. Started out as a new-style DB30 that I cut up and grafted on the rear-end of an aborted chopper project. The bike is going to be used in 100ft drag racing, and will be powered by an AMR300 supercharged 342cc Briggs engine. I lost a bunch of my photos with my old phone, but here are a few that I have now. The frame is just about done, and I'll be working on the brakes, engine, wheelie bars, and supercharger components in the next few weeks. Still need to come up with a paint scheme too.

Original frame after stretch:

New rear-end mocked up:

Final placement before welding:

Aluminum engine plate, exhaust and jackshaft fabbed:

New front wheel, drag bars modified, rough tank placement, frame final welded.

Medium-block...its a 342cc 16 ft/lb snowblower engine that I'm building. I did the head porting and installed a cam, rod, and flywheel for my old bike, now I'll be installing a lower compression forged piston and o-ringing the head for boost.

Made the pegs, I love the knurling attachment for the lathe. Dont make fun of the welds, this is my first project with the TIG.

This is the AMR300 blower. All the way from Aussi-land:

Your welds look fine , good penetration . Tig welding takes practice and more practice . I've just started tig welding also , can lay down art work sometime and then at times it all goes to hell .
One thing I would add to you frame is some bracing to stiffen it up . Look up drag frames and you can get an idea .
That blower how much was it ?

Your welds look fine , good penetration . Tig welding takes practice and more practice . I've just started tig welding also , can lay down art work sometime and then at times it all goes to hell .
One thing I would add to you frame is some bracing to stiffen it up . Look up drag frames and you can get an idea .
That blower how much was it ?
I have a couple more verticals in mind once the blower/carb locations are finalized.

I bought the blower from kemotorsport.com. It was 300 and change when I got it, but it looks like his pricing has gone up a bit since then.

I have a question about the tabs on the forks facing backwards. Do they cause the "shopping cart effect" when they are that way? Or is it when they face fwd?

Cool bike by the way. I have a briggs 305 built up that I am putting on my bike. Will be following this thread.

BTW I think the competition is officially scared lol
Nah, I think Joe and Herb will still be faster. They are both going with big engines. I'll have unquestionable traction, but probably not as much power, especially for the first race where my boost will probably be low.

Sick lookin bike!!! You might want to look at flipping the fork bottoms forward, it will make the bike more stable goin straight.
I'll keep it in mind!

The million dollar question is where are we rolling out to? But you are right Trinik wherever that is will be quite the sight.
I can't get over the rear wheel and tire, I am dying to know how well that combo performs. My engine guy keeps telling me that I'm going to go with the 18" tall tire but I keep telling him no. But Monte if your bike smokes everyone I guess I might need to tell him yes.

I like the aluminum engine plate also. Do you know whether this will be a draw through or blow through on the intake side? I'm blown away, like someone said finally a late model DB that looks killer. Nice job on the tubing do you have a bender?

The million dollar question is where are we rolling out to? But you are right Trinik wherever that is will be quite the sight.
I can't get over the rear wheel and tire, I am dying to know how well that combo performs. My engine guy keeps telling me that I'm going to go with the 18" tall tire but I keep telling him no. But Monte if your bike smokes everyone I guess I might need to tell him yes.

I like the aluminum engine plate also. Do you know whether this will be a draw through or blow through on the intake side? I'm blown away, like someone said finally a late model DB that looks killer. Nice job on the tubing do you have a bender?
With the tire, you just use the biggest one you can fit for traction and then match the gearing to your anticipated top speed. With such a big tire, I had to use the jackshaft to get enough gear, 14/85 wasn't even enough.

The carb will be draw-through... easier with the supercharger. For the tubing I've just been using existing stuff, just cutting and welding.