Driven clutch?????

I have got my super bronc put together and running and now the driven clutch does not expand and let the belt fall down in.... I have got great low end torque to about ten mph and then it tops out. This clutch has been sitting outside for years and so I oiled it up to free it up a little and it will open up by hand but not while running. Any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated!!!!

If it is original to the bike, Iwould disassemble and clean it really well. If it's not original, maybe the spring is wound too tight for your application. Also, check the nylon blocks.

The other possibility is that the drive is not working properly.It may not be moving all the way in. I would disassemble and clean it thoroughly as well.

Have you watched the driven when it's at high RPM?

As for the brake, they make band brakes with a tab on the side, that part hits the flat part of the drum when you pull on it and it tried to tweak. You could tack one on if need be or just play with it until it behaves , sometimes when they get old they have a mind of their own..

What size belt are you running? And for the brake the drum needs a 3.5" band brake and powertec has them. I think anything bigger would cause the band to shift to one side?

super bronc

I bought the brake from Ron so surely it is the right one, I also bought the belt from Ron as well and I think I know what the problem is...with the clutch! What size washer did you use to align the driver I tore it down last night and figured out the washer had actually been tightened down between the clutch and clutch bracket. That will help free it up, good thing I didn't run it very long like that. :censure: The shaft was one hot mother when I tore it down! Anyhow what is the best route to go about tightening the chain evenly and keeping it squared up?
Thanks for the help!

Did you use new pins in the brake band. Is the band snug coming up through the slot? Is the drum centered on the band. Is the 5/8" bore worn and letting the drum wobble. Their is a top of the band picture in my photos. Larry:hammer: