ebay feedback

In all the years of using ebay and well over 400 transactions I have only left negative feedback once several years ago. I really didn't want to do it, and it resulted in me getting my one and only neg feedback, but it was more about the principle of the matter. I really hate being ignored, and that person gave a story that may or may not be true, but long story short refused to sell the item because they had no way to ship it and needed help. I told them that I really wanted the item and would be patient on getting it shipped. Somewhere along the way they quit responbding to me all the while I was seeing new things being listed. I think it was one of those deals where it didn't get the bids they wanted and just didn't want to sell it that cheap.

Fast forward to recently, I bought a CD for $2, shipping $2, and recieved a cRAP CD. I contacted them and let them know there was a mixup, and was told that they were going to get it straightened out, and in the meantime I could file for a refund and they would send the CD out when they got it. I'm a patient guy, and have no idea how to file for a refund. I just want the damn CD and would wait however long it takes to straighten it out. So I wait a while, and message back about whether they found it yet. No reply. A couple more inquiries go by and no answer, so I finally tell them that I don't know how to file for a refund and maybe just refund ity themselves. Still no reply.

Needless to say I'm bent because:

1) I don't like being blown off, not even for $4
2) I still don't have the CD I wanted because I don't want to buy another and have this one show up in the mail
3) This has drug on for 5 weeks and my chance to leave neg feedback will end soon.

This person has a feedback of 27 - why would they risk a neg for 4 bucks?

Anyways, as much as I don't like to leave negative feedback I'm inclined to...

MB165

File a claim if its not too late, for Item not recieved as described. That will force them to do something.

45t

You didn't have to spend the $4. I would have let you borrow my "Idiots Guide to Mini Bikes" on CD narrated by Gary Busey.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I too refrain from leaving negative feedback, unless thats the last resort. Sometimes though, they leave you no choice. File a claim before its too late.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about the $4 - that would by an ice cream sandwich nowadays, and I know I couldn't get retalitory feedback, but I just have a hard time being the bad guy...even though they are really the "bad guy"

I'll probably do it out of respect for future bidders of their stuff.