El Burro - Step 4:Test Run

jeep4me

The El Burro is almost all back together. Enough to go for a test run. And everything works great. I'll be finishing it up tonite. I like it!!!!!!!!

Dang steve that looks sweet. If you need something to clean up those handlebars take a look at some chrome stuff made by Eagle 1, its a giant wad of cleaner you just rip off and comes in a tin can, stuff does wonders on chrome.

jeep4me

Thanks!!! I had alot of fun doing this build. I even got my wife to help!!!:wink: I spent about 30 hours with everything. And probably spent about $100 on materials (I still need a new seat and tires, another $160). The motor runs great. It does leak a little gas out of the bottom of the carb when it's parked but if I shut the valve off to the gas it's fine. I thought the tread was wrong too but after looking at the brochures HENT posted from Teeks in another thread, I was suprised to see that that's how the tread pattern is.:eek:ut:

jeep4me

Updated pics

Here are some updated pics of the El Burro. I put the clutch/chain guard on and have all of the cables connected. This thing runs like.....:scared:well, like someone who owes me money!!!On to the next project...?