Engine only Runs with Full Choke

So today I started to build up my Baja mb200 by putting a torque converter, straight pipe, high flow air filter and a bigger jet. The bike sat for about 2 years, but before storing it, I shut the gas off and ran the gas out of the carb. First I had issues with the fuel leaking from the carb bowl, and now it will only run with the choke on, and whenever I try to switch it off, the engine cuts off. Any help Appreciated!

The gas could still be bad after 2 yrs, might want to try some fresh gas and see what that does.
Personally I would clean and rebuild the carb you have, sounds like it is having issues.

Do you have to run with the choke fully on or just a little? Is your idle speed normal? What size jet did you install and was it just the main jet or did you also change the idle jet?

I was running new gas, choke had to be fully on, and i only replaced the main jet to a larger one. Now, i switched back the old jet to see if that was diff, and has the same problem. Was running fine before all the mods earlier today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Do you know what size jet? I went from being able to run with choke off on my bored carb with a .040" jet to having to run half choke with a .036" jet. Your larger jet could be too small. You could also need a larger idle jet. Mine was a stock which I think is a .015" and now its a .020"
I would put on your stock air filter and if it runs fine with the stock jet and air filter than your jetting is a little off with your new combo. If its still not running right than it could be a blockage down stream. If it is a jetting issue I would get a larger idle jet either a .018" or .020" and see if that fixes the issue.

By the way my combo is using a .650" carb which will have different jetting than your set up. That's why I am running a .040" jet. Doubt that would work in your set up. You should be able to get a way with a .036" main and is what I would use as the starting point.

I fixed my problem. I cleaned the carb as best as I could with some heaving spraying of carb and choke cleaner. I also noticed there was little fuel flow, so I added more gas to the tank, which helped it. It runs great now, and I will post Pictures when all done!