EVENT: Hanford Races May 29, 2010 Kings Speedway

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I sure had a great time and finally got to meet and race with Minidragbike (thanks for letting me win 2 out of 5 times):scooter:
I didn't let you win, I just just trying ot get the hang of taking off in the dirt. That's a first for me, so it took some practice. Your 13hp yellow bike looks really nice, and runs good with you on it.

I should have had you test ride my bike. Pepboyspecial chickened out on me????
But Edwin took it for a ride one time, and beat my MPH record.

Solo the drags was 200 feet, but pepboyspecial talked to the guy and had him make it to 300 feet. The NEXT time they said it will be longer, at least 400 feet or more.

I didn't let you win, I just just trying ot get the hang of taking off in the dirt. That's a first for me, so it took some practice. Your 13hp yellow bike looks really nice, and runs good with you on it.

I should have had you test ride my bike. Pepboyspecial chickened out on me????
But Edwin took it for a ride one time, and beat my MPH record.

Solo the drags was 200 feet, but pepboyspecial talked to the guy and had him make it to 300 feet. The NEXT time they said it will be longer, at least 400 feet or more.
Holy crap 200 ft ? All in fun I suppose.

I still have a bone to pick with Vette66 for saying it was gonna be 600 feet. The guy I talked to said that next time the drags will be at least 400 feet next time.

I got elminated because I red lit. I was riding really good after the first 3 test runs, and even ran out of fuel a couple of times also.

I had a real good time, and met a lot of people.

I get my information from Mini Nitro. I called him lastnight and he said "what it was last time..." Well last time it was 600 feet. This time its was 200 then 300 feet. LOL hell Im just like a mushroom, kept in the dark and feed Bull$hit. HAHA

Next time I will actually get some track time, the rear tire I had SUCKED.. Had a great time also glad to see everybody that came out.

Uploading videos right now damn youtube is slow 4hrs is a long time to upload HD video. oh well

Last edited:
a 1000 ft strip would be perfect IMO.
It was a good time and there were lots of bikes, everyone seemed to like the drags, just the people that were not there are complaining about them. It's a great area with lots of space for both the oval and the drags, not confined and restricted like most of the tracks. Next time bring minimal tools and a couple of different sprockets, it's not rocket science to change them.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
a 1000 ft strip would be perfect IMO.
LOL, not there
If they made at least 400 feet it would be pretty good. I think the whole drag spot is maybe 800-900 feet that includes the show down area. So they can't have it that long. I would be happy with 500 feet, you don't really need to get to much speed in that dirt, not as smooth as the pavement you and I are use to riding on.

So, Nitro Mini???? I know who your talking about. I wonder if the video has me flipping the bike a couple times, hope not. LOL

It was a good time and there were lots of bikes, everyone seemed to like the drags, just the people that were not there are complaining about them. It's a great area with lots of space for both the oval and the drags, not confined and restricted like most of the tracks. Next time bring minimal tools and a couple of different sprockets, it's not rocket science to change them.
Not complaining just giving my opinion on the distance of the track. I mean it went from 400 to 300, then I hear from MDB 200 ft. And you honestly didn't think someone regardless if they were there or not wouldn't comment on that ? Look I'm sure both events were out of this world, but the way the track length varied just seemed odd to me. I mean don't get me wrong it's perfect for mild small blocks, and even better for the big cc's motors right out of the crate, but as far as big HP motors 200 ft is just to short, and like you say, "it's not rocket science"......

As far as being confined and restricted like most other tracks, which are you referring to ? The Ventura/Elsinore events are not advertising a drag race event, so I don't know where that comparison is coming from, unless your only referring to the oval track. Which in that case if you've road the Ventura track or Elsinore tracks you would know this.

Minimal tools and and a couple of different sprockets sounds great and all, but want sounds better is sticking with the original length of the track so people can do some science and get there gear ratio in the ball park. I would much rather be bs-ing in the pits in-between events then wrenching on my bike because of a last minute track change, just saying.

Last edited:
They had to shorten it because they also ran sand drags and they run 300 feet. the next time it will be 660'. They knew we wanted more but with the retaining wall and direction we ran we were limited. Still great fun. Sometimes you just have to be grateful with what they can do for us. They even plan to install a banked track for the oval. The promoter has just taken over the track and is trying hard to make Minibikers happy. He was pleased with the turnout and will go uot of his way to keep us happy. I want to thank everyone for showing up. Great fun and a chance to see a bunch of old friends and meet new

They had to shorten it because they also ran sand drags and they run 300 feet. the next time it will be 660'. They knew we wanted more but with the retaining wall and direction we ran we were limited. Still great fun. Sometimes you just have to be grateful with what they can do for us. They even plan to install a banked track for the oval. The promoter has just taken over the track and is trying hard to make Minibikers happy. He was pleased with the turnout and will go uot of his way to keep us happy. I want to thank everyone for showing up. Great fun and a chance to see a bunch of old friends and meet new
660, now that would be sweet. I guess I've gotten used to drag racing the mini's on pavement at 1320 ft.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
looked like a good time /i just watched the video/ good job charles /you and the new bike worked well together
It was really fun
I think it was the elevation that played a part in my carb tuning. It took me about 3 practice runs to get it right. I was bogging, or either popping a wheelie and the bike would come from under me. Once I got it right I was moving pretty good. I think they said I did a best of 48mph. No one wanted to ride my bike, but Edwin did and set the fastest speed of 49mph. He was off and on, ans spinning when he did it. If he could have got another test run he could have gotten over 50mph easy.

The "Quickest" bike was Pepboyspecial. He would simply accelerate faster than anyone. I didn't know he was so light weight. But he lost to a slower kid because he blew a head gasket, that cause a bad bog. Then he tried to catch the kid, but lost.

The most powerful bike was either mine, or this modified 13hp doodle bug with wheelie bars. We never got to race each other, because I ran out of gas during the race. But it will carry the wheels easy, and run really fast. He lost because his side cover gasket blew, to much crankcase pressure. I was helping them tune there bike to make it a little faster and they said it worked.

I never really knew who won the drag race??? The 3 fastest bikes all had problems, pepboy's head gasket, I RED lighted, so I was disqualified, and that 13hp bike blew he side cover gasket and had oil everywhere.

It was a really good turn out, and met a whole lot of new people.

Just seen one of the videos, looks nice
I'm gonna post it, hope he is OK with it.

YouTube - Kings Speedway Mini Bike races May 29, 2010

Yah totally cool. I was to tired last night to finish posting it. My program automatically posts to you tube after its done producing the edits. So it showed up well after I went to bed.

I had fun even though I was only on the track for 5 laps. It was fun watching everybody.

I know I need a tri-pod for my Camera.

The winner of the drag races was the fruit of my loins, Jesse, with a flat head 5 hp Briggs Raptor on alcohol on a db30 bike. The Pack mule was to much for the old man to handle, almost went down 4x in the practices, then the throttle screwed up my first race and I thought I had better quit before I get hurt, I guess I'll have to go back to the old goat that does'nt launch as hard. :laugh:

here is a little of the sand drags. I didn't get any video of the minibike drags since I was trying to work on my buddys bike.

Here is couple of our members in the stock trucks.

[YOUTUBE]47AtUrds_Mg[/YOUTUBE]

This weekend was a blast! had a lotta fun racing, gotto see some new faces and a lotta quick bikes. the video was great, anybody have one of the drags?

I did chicken and bail on ridin minidragbikes doodlebug, i was caught up in a pissed off world tryin to make mine run so i could put in a showing, i wanted a piece of lee's bike which i think i could beat ;) next time i'll be glad to take MDB's bike for a pass and if you wanna try mine its fair game. your bike was very strong and powerful. i think if the drags would've came down to me, lee, mdb and jesse, races would've been one or lost just by rider error.

The oval was very loose, but very fun. made for some bar-to-bar ridin and deffinately a lotta bumpin. battlin charlie and edwin was my highlight of the day!

Solo Cali, you might wanna do some reseach before you preach, maybe ask allen1967 who was the one to go through the finish line drags at 50 and 51 on another pass. my motor isn't as mild as you think, didn't blow a headgasket cuz its weak. asphalt has a lotta bite, but i doubt you'd hop on my bike, pin the throttle, spin and wheelie 200 of the 300ft and hold it wide open all the way thru the lights.

I'm really happy everyone came out and had a good time, MDB, paul, and all the other new faces, can't wait to do it again. if work would give me the days off i'd gladly come down south to play around.

As for what everyone thinks about me, I do talk a lot of s*** on here, but its about stuff i know, and stuff i've done. yes i'm a smaller guy but that doesn't mean i don't know what's up. at the track i just like to have fun and let riding and the bikes do the talking, not a big ego on the internet.

well damn it pepboys finally came out to say what he feels lol, for shure mdb bike is fast if it was 660 then no telling what the out come would be mdb would of probly beat everyone. i know i was watching the radar gun when pepboys bike was running good still and he hit 52 mph a couple of times in the drags, but like any race you got to adapt to the track length and ashalt or dirt. nobody cant say they wont race because of the length or dirt or whatever hell i run and i know i will get beat but at least i did it and had fun doin it but it is nice to win and be top dog, im more in the ovel races then the drags tho, mdb i didnt see you in the ovel races what happend.