Exhaust opinions please

I just got this exhaust pipe from OMBWH ( Thanks for the very fast shipping)
Knowing it would be too long for my mini bike.
My options ate to cut the pipe back,weld on the thread adapter and use the "sausage" muffler,or weld on an adapter to bring up the diameter and use the clamp on muffler in the photos that I got at the swap meet in CA?
I'm not into loud exhaust, so I do want to use a muffler.
What's your helpful ideas?

jeep4me

With that much weight on the end of the pipe, you're definitely going to need some support. Because it's a rigid pipe you'll have to anchor the support piece to the motor. If the pipe was flexible you could simply anchor the muffler to the frame or under the seat (extended down, of course).

jeep4me

If you anchor the pipe to the frame, chances are you'll either break the pipe at a weld or break whatever is hold the pipe to the frame.
The engine and pipe are going to vibrate/move together. The frame is not going to move.

Just some food for though.

CarPlayLB

I would weld the 3/4 npt fitting on. That way you have options! You can also weld a male fitting on your existing muffler and use it too. You can accessorize!

With that much weight on the end of the pipe, you're definitely going to need some support. Because it's a rigid pipe you'll have to anchor the support piece to the motor. If the pipe was flexible you could simply anchor the muffler to the frame or under the seat (extended down, of course).
Jeep is correct.:thumbsup: If you add a header brace, connect it somewhere off the engine, not the frame. The engine and frame can flex independently and at different rates- which is a good way to break something!:doah:
Michael

I broke out my gas torch and reshaped the exhaust to fit my needs a little better.
I wrapped the pipe to add a little extra protection for heat if needed.