Expression of intrest Billet 6.5 and 13hp Blocks

AndrewC

I am wanting to know how many people would buy these when they became available. They would be a complete billet block made from 6061 and available with higher deck etc, any changes you want.

The price will be very comparable to the aftermarket range of Briggs billet engines.

Heads will be available at a later date aswell as 4340 Billet Gx390 cranks with any stroke.

Give me a +1 if you are interested or know anyone that would have one

Cheers,
Andrew Cox

Last edited:
+1,

do you have any background on your professional experience?

rough prices shipped to US?

pics of products made in the past?

AndrewC

The blocks will be made by a company that has well over 10+ years experience with cnc machinery. The modifications to the design of the blocks has come from my personal experience as a qualified mechanic also with 10+ years experience in machining and engine rebuilding, and also drag bike building. I have also been involved with small and large high horsepower drag engines. I will get some picture of the prototype blocks as they come off the cnc in the coming weeks. I plan to put a set through some serious paces before selling public, I have nitro in mind.

Price wise, I think at this early stage would be about $750usd for a 6.5hp billet block, ready to be decked and have a liner installed. But that is a really rough estimate.

Updates to come.

Andrew Cox.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The best design is the billet Animal block. Maybe one with a thicker jug, and another 1/2" taller deck.

If the cam and crank gear was bigger you could fit a even bigger stroke like the big blocks.

The billet gx200 Honda block isn't worth it. But billet heads are needed. And what we need most is a billet STEEL 2.450" stroker crank for the gx200.

AndrewC

The best design is the billet Animal block. Maybe one with a thicker jug, and another 1/2" taller deck.

If the cam and crank gear was bigger you could fit a even bigger stroke like the big blocks.

The billet gx200 Honda block isn't worth it. But billet heads are needed. And what we need most is a billet STEEL 2.450" stroker crank for the gx200.
Thanks for your input Charles. The blocks will be much thicker in the right areas, taller decks wont be a problem. The plan for the first prototype gx200 block it to move the cam further away to accommodate much larger stroke cranks, looking at trying to make gx390 cam/crank gears work, but it is early stages at the moment.

Billet chrome moly 4340 cranks that large wouldn't be a problem, I probably wont offer anything smaller than 2.450 for the gx200 as there is already enough manufacturers with reputable cranks of smaller sizes all ready available. As I don't want to step on any other brands toes, I just want to offer parts that are not already available at this stage.

As for the heads, my first prototype billet head wont be radical like others available, just thicker round the port area and more material in the combustion chamber. So people can port, or have a supplied ported head as they please with what ever size or shape combustion chamber they like. Radical heads like some of the rather expensive ones available will come later and will be much more affordable.

If there are any other parts for Honda based motors that you would like to see be produced please feel free to pm me and we can talk.

As for billet spark plug leads broomstick, I have completely no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks
Andrew Cox.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Make the head at least 1" taller than a stock head is better for a straighter port angle.

The gx390 crank gear and cam gear swap would be a good idea. But remember the whole block would be different from stock.

You can just make your own version block, with your own version head. Using a Briggs crank, but gx390 cam and crank gears. Maybe a 8 bolt head