Fairbanks Morse

I rebuilt my comet two speed…I bought a max torque and took the shoes out etc and installed it in the hub of the two speed….not original but in 20 years when someone tears it apart they won’t know!?!

Could you send me a picture of the shoes you’re looking for?
I‘m about to go through a bunch of poorly stored NOS clutches/clutch parts.
Several brands and different sized front sprockets. Most are unidentified. This is a photo of the housings and the few complete units. There are lots of shoes, springs etc. to go through, as well.

Attachments

Venom38

I will get you a picture and the size of the shoe. I don’t know the part number for sure but it might be 117-82.
Several brands and different sized front sprockets. Most are unidentified. This is a photo of the housings and the few complete units. There are lots of shoes, springs etc. to go through, as well.

Venom38

Here’s a picture I found on the net, I’ll get you the one off the bike when I get home.

Attachments

Venom38

Been searching for these shoes with no luck.
Luckily @copyman knew a person that had a nos whole clutch assembly. Took a ride to max torque today to visit @Jim Donovan. The previous visit with him he really didn’t like how the old clutch the 2nd gear wasn’t supported very well. Jim took the time to machine a crankshaft extender to fit the hs-40 and put new bushing on there. Thanks again Jim for helping with my sons bike.

Attachments