FedEx Charged me more after the package was delivered

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
" fuel sur charge " is a favorite of UPS to charge extra for. Why I never use them if at all possible.

Paid for my item, paid for shipping, paid tax, Then UPS holds my item hostage for the Fuel Sur charge. Dam %^$4 FU8%********%:censure:

OMG I have been on this merry go round with UPS & Fed X for 2 yrs now !! At work our standard box we ship is 50# 18x18x26 and just makes it dimensionally,,but if the box bulges ever so slightly be it the top or sides DING ...$6 more. "I'm sorry Sir this is all done with lasers to assure exact measurements". All the freight companies go by dimensional now, UPS started this crap as a way to make more money. We are lucky in Ohio now to have Pitt Ohio ground,they don't care..50# is 50#'s to them plus their rates are 35% below UPS. UPS use to have to send a second truck to pick up all the packages we shipped in a day....now they're lucky if they get 10 a week.
Fed X is so bad ( commercial business wise) they can't even give a rate chart,,they don't know what they're gonna charge you till its on its way!

I Have been using "Speedy Delivery Service" as much as possible and many of my vendors are using them as well. The prices are tremendous.
They serve:
MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, IOWA, SOUTH DAKOTA, NORTH DAKOTA, NEBRASKA, ILLINOIS

capguncowboy

After my last discussion with Fedex, where they told me all of the charges were correct and they wouldn't offer a partial refund, I disputed it with my credit card for the difference of $10.66

They sent me an email today notifying me that they ruled in my favor and the credit would be applied to my account. Out of curiosity, I called up a friend of mine that works for a credit card company in the disputes department. He said it's common place with Fedex and UPS