Finally......But what is it?

Hello members, I finally got a rupp to restore, I always wanted one as a kid and now that I'm going on 56 and saw one on Craig's list I bought one, I know I over paid and its in rough shape but it does run, however I'm not sure what year or model it is. I think it is a 71 or newer roadster but it doesn't have spoked wheels. I havn't figured out what size the engine is because the id plate was painted over and so was the sticker on the frame under the seat. It looks like the tank was origionally red. Any help would be appreciated so I can move forward on my restore. Thanks, 80hondaf image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

So what makes it part scrambler, the wheels?
Scrambler wheels...and it only has the rear brake so they are not Hustler wheels. But both are 10''. And the frame is for a 12'' tire and has the headlight and internal fork springs....so narrows it down to a Roadster 2 frame. Looks like someone parted it together or something. Unless there is a rare model I never heard of. But never know...lol.

Is it possible that it's a 73??? I read somewhere that rupps last year the bikes were engineered to use up existing stock.
That is a question only the Rupp officials on here can answer. I know most of the basic Rupp stuff....they get into every part of the history.
Side note...what is the date code on the motor? That may tell you the year if it was original to the bike...which it looks to be.

Last edited:
Actually I'm in the process of dismantling and when I get the engine out I will try to read the plate but it was painted over and is very hard to read.
Well it past my bed time but thanks for all your help. I'll update as I progress. Thanks again!

Yea, I tried to read it but it was painted over with a lot of paint, when I get it dismantled and get the engine out I'll try to clean off the paint and try to get some numbers.
Well, it's past my bed time, 5am comes quickly, thanks for all your help and I'll update as I progress.
Thanks again!