Finally found some projects!!!!

I finally found some projects to keep me busy. I picked these bikes up cheap got a pretty good deal so now to get to work. The red bike has a 5 hp industrial with cast iron bore but needs carb work i was playing with it today. I am not sure what these bikes are havent seen any markings yet. The yellow bike the dumb a** guy chopped some forks off a bike and welded them on so ill have to get rid of those, he was using a hand brake as a throttle and the bike has no brakes just ghetto all around. I have done my share of cheap shit but this guy takes the cake. I will post more pics once i get some stuff done just wanted to share with everybody.

Love the first one, the second one....ehh it was good until I saw the forks....and the seat. If I were you I'd see what I can't do to get rid of the handlebars but save the actual "fork". Anywho keep us updated, especially if you find an ID for either of the bikes.

Think of any colors for these bikes yet?

havent thought about colors yet. The red one is a bird and yellow was a scat at one tiume i believe, i got some help with the id from members.

Well i did everything possible to bring the carb back to life on the red briggs but she was toast. I didnt have any updraft carbs so off i went to my buddies house to raid his carb box.(WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR RIGHT) I found the exact carb i needed and put a new diaphram in while i was at it and tah dah she came to life. The bird is gonna be crazy fun with this engine on it. Ill post more later.

Thanks! I like it too i cant wait to put it on the bird i think im gonna mock everything up in the next day or 2 and take her for a test drive. Tomorrow i am gonna tackle the yellow bike, get rid of those handle bars and make some for it. The yellow one also is missing a foot peg so im gonna chop the remaining one off and weld some new ones on. This did have a scrub brake on it but of course the only thing left of it is the pedal you push on. After the i do that it wiull be down hill from there. :hack::grind::hammer::weld:

damn george i guess you do like them engines. your garage looks kinda like a treasure chest and i cant even see it all.:thumbsup: But yeah the pick up tube was fine everything was as it should be i stripped the carb down to bare bone and cleaned the shit out of it, blew all the tubes out changed the diaphram ect. It would pick up gas when chocked and try to run but the little chamber in the gas tank at the top where the short down tube is was bone dry, Trust me man i tried everything with the carb it came with. The guy i bought it from could never get it running but i dont think he knew what he was doing the carb didnt even have a jet in it when i got it, somthing was tweaked in that tjhing and im usually pretty good about bringing carbs back to life but i got fed up with this one. But i did find the exact same carb at my buddies house and slapped her on there she runs like a dream now.

Last edited:
I should have some updates and new pics tomorrow to share if anyone cares. As i mentioned the scat cat is going in for surgery.:hack::grind::weld:

I should have some updates and new pics tomorrow to share if anyone cares. As i mentioned the scat cat is going in for surgery.:hack::grind::weld:
Ahh I know how that feels, Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one looking at my project log anymore. :doah:

Anywho I'm keeping a close eye to see how these bikes turn out so please keep me and everyone else updated :thumbsup:

Thanks drew,:thumbsup: So today i tackled the handle bars on the scat cat. I cut all the crap off and went to work making some myself. I didnt have as much 7/8 tube as i thought so i had to go with a different style. I also put some foot pegs on since one was completely broke off. Here is some close ups of what it looked like when i started and and with the ones i made.

I havent figured out what im doing with the seat yet but i will. I still have some grinding to do on some of the welds on the scat im not a master welder but i get by and of course i will strip all the crap off the bars.

Last edited:
Well, the beauty of metal work is that you can always subtract and add as needed. You can always change the handle bars right? The setup you've got now looks better those ghetto bike handles, and at least now you can get yourself a proper twist grip throttle. :thumbsup:

Thanks milo! Today i mocked up the bird mounted everything on and took her for a test ride. This bike is a blast to ride with the 5 hp industrial on it. The frame is pretty small and light and she flies. I always take my bikes to this hill down the street that is pretty much as close to being straight up and down as it gets and she flew right up it no prob. Afterwards i went to work stripping the frame down and getting rid of all the old paint. Tomorrow i will paint and post more pics.:thumbsup:

I like the red one:thumbsup: ...it's just like my son's. The forum helped me identify the bike...1970’s Bird/Jc Penney Foremost mini bike.
Check out my before
and after
pics.