FORKS made from cieling fan hanger posts

Those forks look awesome, But I agree on the strength issue. You may just be able to slide some thicker pipe inside those for strength.

I've found that black iron pipe is plenty strong for go carts and minibikes. I helped my friend build one from black pipe, Pretty solid bike, but the forks do flex a tiny bit when going down the road. A few gussets would fix that though.

I'd feel more confident in 3/4 or 1" black pipe than ceiling fan hangar downrod.
If you plan on riding at all, follow ogy's advice and get some DOM tubing.

That gives me a flashback to my childhood. My best friend and I made "choppers" out of our bikes by mounting the sissy bars from the seat to the front forks with electrical tape. It looked awesome, but was darn near impossible to turn! I remember my friend was bouncing on his bike and was about to say, "hey look suspension." Unfortunately, all that came out was, "hey look, sus..." The sissy bar broke in half, and the remainder of the forks dug into the ground and flipped him head over heals. No damage to him thankfully, I can only imagine the carnage if he was moving faster!

:glare:hmmm...

The weight of these fans can be high (I would guess) so the bar needs to support the weight of the fan as well as the fan out of balance causing a lot of stress on the bar...
There is only a downward pull on those, no side to side flex as they have a pivot ball at each end. I wouldnt trust them