Found buried in my yard

A miniature Hiawatha Doodlebug, That's neat.
I've never heard of one that small.
Pretty sure that gastank mount is really for a killswitch.

Some Hiawatha Collector will give a bundle for THAT one.

Doodlebug - 1946 Doodle Bug Hiawatha Scooter by Mikeybike.com - YouTube
Doubt it, Probably a shortened Hiawatha, or maybe a model not yet discovered.
...Hello.................

Hiawatha.
I totally think Mac got it right :doah: Short of some one else having one just like it :shrug:

Modified Doodlebug

It definitely started out as a Doodlebug. Front fork is original. Wheels and brake appear to be original. Most of the original frame is there. Someone shortened it. They cut a section out of the top frame bar, bent the lower frame loop that supported the floorboard upward, and eliminated the curved tube that provided clearance for the front fender. They changed the handle bars from the original "longhorn" style. You will find that the handlebar clamp is cast brass. The combination brake/throttle mechanism appears to be intact. Squeezing the brake handle tightens the brake band, letting it back out opens the throttle. The jackshaft with it's cast aluminum pulley has been removed, and the rear support for the engine mounting plate is cut. Probably due to lack of room after it was shortened. It originally had an aluminum "fluid drive" CVT that was also used on gas-powered washing machines. Pretty advanced for 1946. Original engine was a 1.5 hp Briggs Model NP. They move a 250# rider around amazingly well for 1.5 hp. Top speed is about 35 mph.

Thank you for the detailed reply. Since it's been Bubba'd I'd imagine it has little value anymore. I want to re-engine it as it has a 3 HP B&S on it now where the recoil starter has failed internally. I'm not having much luck finding a replacement starter/housing.
With the original engine being 1.5 HP, I wonder if a washing machine engine would work?
I'd have to convert from belt to chain drive some how.