Fox Thunderbolt

So I figured I'd make a thread about my Fox Thunderbolt project bike and try to make it a step by step process. First I tore the frame pretty much apart, still have a few things left on it for now since I havent decided whether to sandblast or metal scrub brush it. Since I havent made my mind up I decided to jump on the tank and get that all done. Also, I bought a matching seat since Im going with chevy orange/black parts. After I got it in the mail I put it on to size it up and its to big!:hammer: Mostly my fault but ended up ordering another today 3 inches smaller. As far as the tank I first put some self etching primer on, sanded, high filler primer, sanded, black engine enamel, stenciled a little custom thunderbolt logo, high fill primer, then hit it with chevy orange engine enamel. Think it looks pretty good, first time doing something like this so let me know that you think, good or bad!! Ill keep posting updated pics of my progress.

Cheers:drinkup:

PS. does anyone know where to find the ID number on the frame?

There should be a I.D. sticker under the gas tank or on the bottom side of the bar. It is not stamped on the frame...Or at least on the 4 I own. Hope this is helpful to your P.S.

HS50, still gotta do a couple things to it but should be ready to roll soon.:thumbsup: Pretty sure im gonna just :grind: the frame out soon and get it ready for paint. Ill try and keep it updated.:scooter:

delray

MadTownsFinest, i have couple larger fox thunder bolt bikes and the id info is on the steering shaft and it is a sticker/decal ID. not sure if the smaller units had them in the the same place?:shrug:
looking good:thumbsup: did you find that place that can sandblast?

large thunderbolts(file photo)

Nice looking Thunderbolts delray! No I havent, im pretty sure I know the place your talking about just havent been back to the west side recently. Also, where did you score those exhausts you got on your Thunderbolts? Thanks!:thumbsup:

So I ended up grabbing a black and decker :grind: and went to work. Id say I got about %70 done and the rest is small stuff im gonna hit with my friends craftsman drill and wire brush.:thumbsup: Sorry for the crappy pic.

delray

MTF,what color did you find under the red, blue?
photo of the thunderbolts was a file photo i had save from another web site. my two are disassemble.:smile:

Blue and red was on the frame and the forks it was white, blue, red. kinda weird but hopefully will be ready to paint here in the next couple days!:thumbsup: