Freak Karts, Customs, Homemades, and Oddballs

Just bought my boy a MBX11 and found this site as (you guessed it) the stock motor is a dog. Likely looking at a jack shaft upgrade soon. Maybe a motor swap later.

BUT, I found this thread and its right up my alley. I built a kit car a few years ago and thought I'd share. Its based on a '70 VW Bug frame and running gear. '71 1600dp engine. Thats right, 40hp! It'll do 70mph on the highway, but doesn't like to. Still gets 25mpg. Not bad for a 40+yo motor. Enjoy.

Nice kit car. I have been wanting to build a Classic Roadster's Sebring MX since high school. Unfortunately, I think they are out of business.

This is NOT mine, I have yet to build one:

It was a lot of fun designing it and building it. Gets noticed on the road. those roadsters are very cool. Not your average commuter for sure. Im hoping my next car is an Elio. Think I'd go with this paint scheme.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Just bought my boy a MBX11 and found this site as (you guessed it) the stock motor is a dog. Likely looking at a jack shaft upgrade soon. Maybe a motor swap later.

BUT, I found this thread and its right up my alley. I built a kit car a few years ago and thought I'd share. Its based on a '70 VW Bug frame and running gear. '71 1600dp engine. Thats right, 40hp! It'll do 70mph on the highway, but doesn't like to. Still gets 25mpg. Not bad for a 40+yo motor. Enjoy.
coyote kit car

https://www.google.ca/search?q=coyo...&ei=AI9ZVJHPO_DesAS1lYDYAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQsAQ

la1

Ratrods reminds me of the first Honda civics. They had a twin cylinder 450cc engine , air cooled motorcycle engine with a long chain that went to the rear axle. Inside the car there was a transmission hump was what the chain drive was in.