Frustration with 2011

toomanytoys

I can see where you are coming from.

I've been working in coal mining since I graduated high school. I started out a lowly midnight warehouse clerk, and worked myself up through the ranks with hard work and learning how the industry works.

Now they are hiring in 20 year old kids with college degrees that have no idea how to fix the machinery, operate the machinery or what it even is! Hirer them in with a bigger salary and bonus than I have. I've personally lead the rebuild of 21 pieces of underground mining equipment in the last 4 years. I know it inside and out.

The bosses are so afraid to lose their job they don't speak up, and leave us out to dry with these guys who have no intention of learning anything just there for the pay check. If anyone has been around mines in general you know that all that matters at the end of the day is if the black stuff is on the belt heading outside. Not this 'oh we will solve that tomorrow' attitude. Its stay figure it out and get it done. We stay, fix things and take care of business and they are home with their families awhile our own families never see us.

I've about had it. I have a disability that I could lean on anytime I wanted to, but I don't because I come from a family that a man's hard work tells everything about what type of person he is.

I can see where you are coming from.

I've been working in coal mining since I graduated high school. I started out a lowly midnight warehouse clerk, and worked myself up through the ranks with hard work and learning how the industry works.

Now they are hiring in 20 year old kids with college degrees that have no idea how to fix the machinery, operate the machinery or what it even is! Hirer them in with a bigger salary and bonus than I have. I've personally lead the rebuild of 21 pieces of underground mining equipment in the last 4 years. I know it inside and out.

The bosses are so afraid to lose their job they don't speak up, and leave us out to dry with these guys who have no intention of learning anything just there for the pay check. If anyone has been around mines in general you know that all that matters at the end of the day is if the black stuff is on the belt heading outside. Not this 'oh we will solve that tomorrow' attitude. Its stay figure it out and get it done. We stay, fix things and take care of business and they are home with their families awhile our own families never see us.

I've about had it. I have a disability that I could lean on anytime I wanted to, but I don't because I come from a family that a man's hard work tells everything about what type of person he is.
Have you not heard TOYs?
They got ride of all the shift bosses and management with any sort of spines.
Then they replaced all those mining types with engineering, geology or techniocal backgrounds and replaced them with cool headed responsible buisness men.

Of course the buisness men don't have a fooking clue and take take 3 steps down a drift with falling in a pudle and drowning. But thats OK because up the in enchanted land of make believe where they have their cirlce jerk meetings and suck the share holders cocks and tell them rossie stories about how well things are going.

But I'm not realy bitter just adjusting.........

I knew this guy a little back in the day.
Mark Cutifani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He was a real boss, the kind of boss that actualy was involved.
Someone got killed he was on a plane to the funeral.
Someone had an opinion and sent him an email and if was good he would phone you.
If you saw him in the street and jst wanted to talk he would listen.
If you needed a ride in the company jet and it was heading that direction evena blue collar nuckle dragger could hop in if phoned ahead and asked....

The likes of real executives who have not lost the common touch and have a heart are very few these days.
"Safety is our first value" and "Front line planning ( where management pulled random workers up intot he ivory towers to provide input and improve efficiency )" that was no bullshit. He meant it and we loved him for it.

Last edited: