Gemini SST 50s project

After storing them for almost 15 year I am redoing my 2 Gemini SST 50s. One I will try to make as close to original as possible without going overboard. The other will be a RAT rider, something I can use to teach my grandson and others how to ride without worrying if it gets banged up. Maybe later on I will gussy it up. bike start1.jpg bike start2.jpg RAT 50 LH.jpg RAT 50 RH.jpg

I tore the red bike apart and started with the wheels. I put rust dissolver on, then extend rust prohibitor, and painted. I replaced the bearings.
o
wheels derust.jpg

While I was working on those I worked on the brake pedal, foot peg bar with kick stand and the seat pan. I also removed the swing arm and triple tree. Got those sanded cleaned up and painted.

footbrake.jpg parts prep.jpg painted parts.jpg

I am fighting the weather. I don't have a garage I can spray in. But got the frame of one ready to spray. Now if the weather will cooperate. More to come. I will be taking the winter off as we go south and I can't take these with me. This is a spring and fall project. I have a huge housing project that I will be doing when the weather gets warm.

frame.jpg

nice project....the kid down the street from me had a purple one early 80s. I let him ride my mini bike ...he wouldn't let me ride it!!!