Go Power Rim Width

Hello All,

Just picked up a forward peg Bonanza with shocks front and rear. I noticed that the Go Power rims are narrower than what my other 2 Bonanza bikes have. In looking at the front forks the built in spacers on the lower legs are much longer than on my other 2 bikes to accommodate the narrower wheel. Just curious as to why and when did Bonanza switch between the narrow and 4 inch wide rims?

Thanks in advance

Mark

trinik7597

maybe no one knew the answer :thumbsup: not sure i do either but a front peg bike with go powers should be up to 68 i think :thumbsup: kidney bean wheels after that . i am sure if that is not right someone will correct me :laugh:

Trinik is right...only the early Bonanzas came with Go Powers until they had their own (kidney bean) wheels manufactured. Of these I have only seen Go Powers with a 3" width.

4" is a wide rim...are you sure somebody didn't use Go Powers from a go kart on your other bike? Do they have straight bore bearings or tapered ?

I didn't think of someone cutting the fork extensions back to fit a 4" width wheel on your other bikes and your most recent bike happens to be original. Depending on the difference in width could it be a manufacturing tolerance?, probably not. I know Bonanza fenders greatly differ in size and mounting even from the same basic run from what I have found. In short I have no explanation but this is a good mystery.